GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Changed oil, going to have to wait until tomorrow to rotate wheels due to heat humidity and laziness.

Odd find when i popped my hood:

It was found resting on top of passenger light, under the hood. no idea where it came from. Can anyone identify this nut? looks like theres some sort of blue colored threadlock in there.
How do you like using an extractor for your oil changes? I used one with my Passat and it did very well at getting the old oil out. I do like that the drain plug isn't obscured by the belly pan, though.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
How do you like using an extractor for your oil changes? I used one with my Passat and it did very well at getting the old oil out. I do like that the drain plug isn't obscured by the belly pan, though.

i like it - second time using it and fairly clean process. mostly do it because the filter is top mounted and do not need to jack up car to do it.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
This weekend, I had the AgencyPower exhausted paired to the EuroJet catless dp. I'm not sure if I made a mistake or will have to do something about the noise. It sounds awesome with the backfiring and all, however it's just too damn loud. When I get on the car, it screams in all it's straight pipe glory. So loud I'm afraid to even get on it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Nut from the top of the strut tower?

My thoughts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what i was thinking aswell

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

just went out and prodded around to look. sure enough i seem to be missing a nut on both strut towers :( ill have to drive up to my storage unit to see if the other one is with the OEM struts that i kept. if it is not, how big of a deal is it not to have that nut in place?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Was behind a Mustang looked newer 14+ sounded like a firecracker I was floored by the time I was at 80 mph he must've been at 120 and 8 to 10 car lengths ahead. I'm stock but his exhaust was so loud I'm guessing he had downpipe and modded. It tickled my mod bug haha

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Was behind a Mustang looked newer 14+ sounded like a firecracker I was floored by the time I was at 80 mph he must've been at 120 and 8 to 10 car lengths ahead. I'm stock but his exhaust was so loud I'm guessing he had downpipe and modded. It tickled my mod bug haha

I forgot to mention this was getting on a fairly straight and long on ramp. He was having big issues with torque steer

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
just went out and prodded around to look. sure enough i seem to be missing a nut on both strut towers :( ill have to drive up to my storage unit to see if the other one is with the OEM struts that i kept. if it is not, how big of a deal is it not to have that nut in place?

so UroTuning has it for $0.99... but yeah need input if i need to have this in or not?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
R8 coil packs to go with my Cobb tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

There's no nut for the strut towers. That nut is the OEM (greenish) nut for the the top of the OEM strut:

How everything should look:

Did you install the springs yourself?
Did you use new struts up front? If you used Konis, for example, they come with their own nuts for the struts.

If you see a nut (like in the pic above) you're fine

If the nut wasn't on the strut, you'd have some major issues/noises going on

Tuuza

Ready to race!
Hi, little help needed, part# or the name of the gloss black plastic parts next to front side windows? 3dr gti. Drivers side one looks like starting to crack.
And if anyone has replaced them, how they are attached?

GTE Age

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, little help needed, part# or the name of the gloss black plastic parts next to front side windows? 3dr gti. Drivers side one looks like starting to crack.
And if anyone has replaced them, how they are attached?

The name is exterior B pillar door trim. A part number is 5K4 837 902 A 041.

I don't think this part number is for a 3 door though. You may have to search a bit more.

ECS tuning seem to have them so maybe worth dropping them an email.

And god knows how they are removed but judging by the pictures i have seen of them, it looks as though they slide off in some sort of manner.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
I forgot to mention this was getting on a fairly straight and long on ramp. He was having big issues with torque steer

Torque steer in a mustang?

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Well I didn't do anything...but this big ass friggen dump truck let some debris fly and bounced off my CW Saturday night...woke up Sunday and there's a lovely split creeping it's way from left to center of my windshield..

Greeeeeaaat way to start my Sunday.

Anyone know a good place in GTA/Toronto to get a reasonable replacement windshield? I called my insurance...my deductible is $500...makes no sense to go through them.

Getting one from the stealership is out of the question....

guess the good news is i can get those annoying paint chip above the windshield sanded and painted over cause I don't think DR Colourchip will be able to go that deep..unless someone has experience otherwise with it.
Do you guys have safelite up there?