GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zrickety

The Fixer
Everything seems to be working, still trying to code out my wear sensor.
Cars look good! For the wear sensor, just solder the ends together and shrink wrap it. Never have that issue again. It was one of the first things I had to do to our Mini Cooper. Pads were good, sensor was busted and I was tired of looking at the light on the dash.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Also installed a full set of 034 mounts, finally rid of my melted ECS tuning insert and sketchy washer stack APR mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That mount is no joke. I had it paired with the street density 034 motor/trans mount and I also installed the 034 subframe solid subframe bushing. I had to sell the thing. It for sure made sported driving awesome. But having a dsg, the daily driving was nuts haha. Solid mount for sure!

pdan

Ready to race!
How's NVH with that solid insert? I've got an ECS insert right now, but was thinking of moving to a BFI insert. Never really considered a solid one.

It’s not too bad. Although I’m pretty immune to any serious NVH, usually have music on and just don’t really care. There is a little more for sure, but it’s not overwhelming.

pdan

Ready to race!
Cars look good! For the wear sensor, just solder the ends together and shrink wrap it. Never have that issue again. It was one of the first things I had to do to our Mini Cooper. Pads were good, sensor was busted and I was tired of looking at the light on the dash.

Thanks for the info, I still may try and just code it out if I can figure out how, seems like a much easier reversible option. But if it comes to it I may just solder it.

pdan

Ready to race!
That mount is no joke. I had it paired with the street density 034 motor/trans mount and I also installed the 034 subframe solid subframe bushing. I had to sell the thing. It for sure made sported driving awesome. But having a dsg, the daily driving was nuts haha. Solid mount for sure!

Yeah I’d imagine DSG is much worse, my clutch is already noisy enough with the AC on. I usually run with it off, and the car doesn’t shake too much unless it’s in reverse. But with the AC on it’s noticeable.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Finally buttoned up my brake install. Everything seems to be working, still trying to code out my wear sensor. Under 17 instruments I get a different menu then the other videos show, maybe because I’ve got the newest update of VCDS? There doesn’t seem a spot to add +1 to turn off my sensor. Also kinda paranoid that my pads are constantly rubbing. Maybe because it’s just because I haven’t driven the car in a long time, but it rolls pretty freely not sure how to check if they are rubbing when the brake pedal is not depressed.
Also put on my new wheels finally. Please excuse both horribly dirty cars

It's probably those wheels that are causing the brake pads to rub. Best send them to me so you don't have to deal with it anymore.

pdan

Ready to race!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I picked mine up from the carbon cleaning a dropped it off to have my suspension done. It is running great! Stuck right with my buddy’s A6.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Super-nice car, but, yeah... too much of it for me.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Walked in to the parts department at the local VW dealership. Zero line. They had everything I wanted and even gave me a replacement for the missing floor mat clip at no charge. I feel like I should go buy a lottery ticket. :D

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks for the info, I still may try and just code it out if I can figure out how, seems like a much easier reversible option.

You solder the existing or old sensor wire, it should unplug from the car. Replace with a new sensor down the road if you want. Easily reversible.

torga

Autocross Champion
Downpipe is going in tomorrow.