GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

KFahey

Ready to race!
Anybody tried putting H&R Tiguan lift springs on their cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe Lasthumangarage had a video of him installing the tiguan stock springs, that's his YouTube channel......Why though Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I believe Lasthumangarage had a video of him installing the tiguan stock springs, that's his YouTube channel......Why though Lol

Because winter and snow drifts lol.

KFahey

Ready to race!
Because winter and snow drifts lol.

Haha well if the stock ones work im sure aftermarket will!!! I wanna see that wheel gap after the install because his car looked ridiculous with just the stock ones Lol

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Haha well if the stock ones work im sure aftermarket will!!! I wanna see that wheel gap after the install because his car looked ridiculous with just the stock ones Lol

Lol I'll post up pics once I install either OEM or the lift springs. And get TONS of hate lol.

KFahey

Ready to race!
Lol I'll post up pics once I install either OEM or the lift springs. And get TONS of hate lol.

Lol sounds good, might wanna look into the afternark ones while using your stock struts not sure if there would be a travel issue or not

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Lol sounds good, might wanna look into the afternark ones while using your stock struts not sure if there would be a travel issue or not

There's actually quite a few people that have used stock ones either OEM Tiguan springs, like sportwagens and golf Tdi's. Lot of MK5 people doing it too lol.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

was washing car today and noticed that the gap between the hatch and the car seems abnormally large. is this just me or is this a thing on GTIs i never noticed?

SirClimax

Ready to race!

was washing car today and noticed that the gap between the hatch and the car seems abnormally large. is this just me or is this a thing on GTIs i never noticed?
You can mess with the bump stops to potentially make the gap smaller

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Mines a decent gap.. all the water resistance is under the hatch anyways. its designed to run into the door and around the sides. Ill double check how big the gap is in a little but i think mine is similar is gap size.

tonymk6

Ready to race!
I have H&R Super Sports on my car right now with the stock struts/shocks and I don't rub at all, never have. I also haven't done the fender screw mod. My wheels are 18x8.5 with 225/40 tires. When I swap out the struts/shocks with Koni Oranges, will I start rubbing? I figured there is more shock travel so ill rub on big bumps.