GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Golf R updated on US website

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yup, just two flavors to chose from: A- the mellow suspension slick Audi.
B- the practical benchmark Golf R, neither being any faster or better than the other.
For what you get on the Mk6, def. the 7 R is a better deal.

Except that a new R is 40k and a 1 year old R will be 25... Spending 40k + tax (44k) in cali on a new R is insane...

bernardryan

Ready to race!
The R is definitely better than a stage 1 and 2 mk6 gti..
Faster/looks classier/more comfortable/soup-ed up/and with a tune, will rape most cars on the road and some super cars too... :)
Just waiting for yr 3-4 on my mk6 gti and i can trade up if all works out well...

zrickety

The Fixer
The whole idea of a modular platform is how easy it is to build the cars. A 2-door R should be a couple keystrokes away.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
They ruined the steering wheel on the MK7's, the S3 steering wheel looks just like the MK6's, which is perfect.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think 39 sounds on target for a 4 door loaded R with the DSG. The last model topped out at 37k and didn't have a DSG.

Why is this surprising to anyone?! :laugh:

LS1

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't help but feel cheated having to put up with so many compromises on the US models; especially since they are shoving down my throat the "I-Should-Have-Worn-Protection"-4 door trim. The price can be considered great compared to Euro-prices but in the US $40,000 gets you some outstanding vehicles...

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I can't help but feel cheated having to put up with so many compromises on the US models; especially since they are shoving down my throat the "I-Should-Have-Worn-Protection"-4 door trim. The price can be considered great compared to Euro-prices but in the US $40,000 gets you some outstanding vehicles...

What is the point of a 2 door car with 4 big seats? Get a brz or Mustang.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
What is the point of a 2 door car with 4 big seats? Get a brz or Mustang.

Mah Troy.

I prefer the 4 door because it looks/feels more solid. That being said I never carry people. So :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

First off manual is coming... likely a 2 door is coming too both are cheaper than that 40k Loaded DSG 4 door version. The "base" R will likely be 35k ish which is in line with the last R which was 33,995.

I think the 2 door versions of the golf look like a fucking yaris/egg and I kick myself every day for not going for the 4 door.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
First off manual is coming... likely a 2 door is coming too.

I think the 2 door versions of the golf look like a fucking yaris/egg and I kick myself every day for not going for the 4 door.

Keep kicking you didn't quite finish the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
First off manual is coming... likely a 2 door is coming too both are cheaper than that 40k Loaded DSG 4 door version. The "base" R will likely be 35k ish which is in line with the last R which was 33,995.

There will be no MK7 2 door R period. They already said that won't happen in this generation.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
There will be no MK7 2 door R period. They already said that won't happen in this generation.

Good it'll be easier to find a nice one used.