GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

james9120

Go Kart Champion
look who's talking :lol:

I kid.

Rub it in lol I put over 100 miles on my car over the weekend and the problem isn't getting worse so I guess that's good lol still drives like a champ until I'm on the throttle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Rub it in lol I put over 100 miles on my car over the weekend and the problem isn't getting worse so I guess that's good lol still drives like a champ until I'm on the throttle

drove my car like that for a few months. sucks but still fun. just annoying when someone starts messing with you.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
drove my car like that for a few months. sucks but still fun. just annoying when someone starts messing with you.

Yeah I know, luckily no one was around for the entire trip lol. Still pulls fine between 3500-5000 so I guess that part was fun. Wastegate is just too loud on the back roads though..

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
**Knocks on Wood**

I feel like I'm the only person who threw a kit on and hasn't had problems with it. Seriously haven't touched it in like a month and I drive it over 60 miles A DAY minimum. Only issue I had was getting the outlet pipe to stay on, which I fixed for good with some gasket glue and a T-bolt clamp (last time I touched it a month ago). Really have just been messing around with the tune to see what kind of differences it makes and learning the ECU and Eurodyne. But even running the base file like RJ did the car was a beast right out of the gate.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
if i put more time in it i don't think i would have had nearly as many issues. but i bought a daily a month later that made me a lot less driven to fix stuff quickly. and then i went off the deep end and power mods were put on the back burner. hence running on wastegate pressure for the past year. in november my injectors i'll have owned my injectors for 2 years. new in box lol.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
**Knocks on Wood**

I feel like I'm the only person who threw a kit on and hasn't had problems with it. Seriously haven't touched it in like a month and I drive it over 60 miles A DAY minimum. Only issue I had was getting the outlet pipe to stay on, which I fixed for good with some gasket glue and a T-bolt clamp (last time I touched it a month ago). Really have just been messing around with the tune to see what kind of differences it makes and learning the ECU and Eurodyne. But even running the base file like RJ did the car was a beast right out of the gate.

I'm 12k miles here with no major issues. Outlet pipe popped off the first day though lol... Then it was good to go haha.

gustkiller

Ready to race!
Hi! I am jumping the BT boat. Got the old TSI stage 3+ APR GT3071r kit with injectors, mahle racing pistons, IE rods, ttrs lpfp / controller. The goal is 450whp with a custom tune. Is it possible on that turbo or should get a bigger one compatible with the apr manifold?

Enviado de meu XT1225 usando Tapatalk

drepai

Go Kart Champion

This was at 32 psi and it was about 85 degrees out. 4th gear. Cyl 2 hates its life :iono:

At 34 psi it was pulling 6.8 through the meat of the powerband

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion

This was at 32 psi and it was about 85 degrees out. 4th gear. Cyl 2 hates its life :iono:

At 34 psi it was pulling 6.8 through the meat of the powerband

You're running too rich. I bet it's pulling because of that 5th injector. It doesn't know where that fuel is coming from.

Those MAF readings can't be right... Not with a GTX30.

Your MAF readings are SO LOW. I bet that has to do with the timing pull and the 5th injector also.