GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Speaking of rich, why do really want to buy this OSRAM headlights but won't because of the pricetag?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Meh just racegas all the things

Added bonus: racegas smells gud.

There was a guy on R3VLIMITED (a BMW forum I was/am on) that ran helicopter fuel in his E30 one time. He said it was around 130 octane. The motor if I recall correctly, had a significant increase in power for about 1 track day and then it destroyed itself.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
There was a guy on R3VLIMITED (a BMW forum I was/am on) that ran helicopter fuel in his E30 one time. He said it was around 130 octane. The motor if I recall correctly, had a significant increase in power for about 1 track day and then it destroyed itself.

Pussy. Jet fuel exists you know? :iono: lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
TLDR can someone tell me how to relevel my bixenons...i dont do much night driving and just never releveled them after lowering car. graci graci

Using VCDS(vag-com)
Make sure you're on a level surface.
Click Select Controller
Go to 55 - Xenon Range
Go to Basic Settings - 04
Then in the drop down list, select the adaptation/adjustment option (its the only one in the drop down).
Then click the ON/OFF/NEXT button.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Hmmm.

Octane in and of itself won't increase power. Unless you have a tune matched to it, you'll actually LOSE power... as all octane is, is a rating of how hard it is to burn.

So I suspect if he picked up a crazy amount of horsepower, and then went "boom".... IF that was indeed the fuel's fault.... was likely due to the oxygen content in the fuel, and not the octane rating.

I'm not familiar with how avgas is different (aside from higher octane rating) but I know with the old race fuel I used to run in the race bikes, way back in the day depending on the series I was running that weekend, I could make a TON of power (specifically on VP Ultimate-4... shit was awesome, liquid horsepower.) Stuff had an octane rating of only like 80... BUT... it was HIGHLY oxygenated. On a 125hp 600cc motorcycle motor the stuff was good for 10-15hp with a proper tune.

Realize that the "fuel" is only a catalyst... you make power by burning the oxygen. A lean mixture always makes more power... because there's more oxygen in the mix. But if you don't tune for it... bad things could happen.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that avgas has a high oxygen content in it. At altitude with lower oxygen content per unit of ingested air, the intent might be to supplement the oxygen supply by providing it in the fuel itself.

Jaber

Modero
I remember I forgot to do mine after lowering the GTI, first time driving at night I was like DAFAQ. Luckily I had my Windows 8 tablet and vagcom, pulled over and quickly did it.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Hmmm.

Octane in and of itself won't increase power. Unless you have a tune matched to it, you'll actually LOSE power... as all octane is, is a rating of how hard it is to burn.

So I suspect if he picked up a crazy amount of horsepower, and then went "boom".... IF that was indeed the fuel's fault.... was likely due to the oxygen content in the fuel, and not the octane rating.

I'm not familiar with how avgas is different (aside from higher octane rating) but I know with the old race fuel I used to run in the race bikes, way back in the day depending on the series I was running that weekend, I could make a TON of power (specifically on VP Ultimate-4... shit was awesome, liquid horsepower.) Stuff had an octane rating of only like 80... BUT... it was HIGHLY oxygenated. On a 125hp 600cc motorcycle motor the stuff was good for 10-15hp with a proper tune.

Realize that the "fuel" is only a catalyst... you make power by burning the oxygen. A lean mixture always makes more power... because there's more oxygen in the mix. But if you don't tune for it... bad things could happen.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that avgas has a high oxygen content in it. At altitude with lower oxygen content per unit of ingested air, the intent might be to supplement the oxygen supply by providing it in the fuel itself.

Yeah I dont remember the specifics on it. R3VLIMITED is also impossible to search the forums.. But it may have been heavily oxygenated. You seem to know more about it than I do though. Race bikes and race fuel sounds like fun though!

Status
Not open for further replies.