GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
how was everyone's weekend?

2.5 hours left til i get to go home. actually a bit more than that, giving a work friend a piece of furniture i can't use anymore since new couch showed up.

it's gonna be a shower beer kinda night when i get home.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Which Lansky kit is everyone using? Honda guy mentioned it and I think I have heard Jay mention it also. There are few options on Amazon. Not sure if the Diamond ones are worth the extra cost.

My Delica needs sharpening and I don’t want to send it into Spyderco again.
I have a lansky deluxe, and then bought some additional hones, the diamond grit is perfect for putting a whole new edge on, but you're going to need some other ones like a sapphire stone and leather strop if you want a mirror finish razor edge.

I ended up selling the wicked edge system I had because while it was nice, the lansky kit does just as good for hundreds of dollars less.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
I have a lansky deluxe, and then bought some additional hones, the diamond grit is perfect for putting a whole new edge on, but you're going to need some other ones like a sapphire stone and leather strop if you want a mirror finish razor edge.

I ended up selling the wicked edge system I had because while it was nice, the lansky kit does just as good for hundreds of dollars less.
Exactly! Even after I purchased all of the additional hones (including the kukri hones), the cost was like 15% of what a Wicked Edge costs.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
You really can't go wrong with Lansky especially for the money. My sharp maker wasn't too much more than the deluxe and it does about the same as it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Lansky has been ordered 👍. On sale for $35 for the Deluxe 5 stone system. After watching this again the Lansky is the way to go.

2.5 hours left til i get to go home. actually a bit more than that, giving a work friend a piece of furniture i can't use anymore since new couch showed up.

Super chill weekend for me which is a nice change.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

Weekend was good. Refinishing a coffee table for my brother in law for Christmas. Spent Friday and today sanding everything. Gotta finish the intricate parts of it that my palm sander couldn't get go and then I gotta stain and seal it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Crazy busy weekend. I had to work a boat show fri-sun, but I sold 4 boats. More than any of our salesmen did, that's not my usual position. It would have been 5. I had a contract signed and the guys credit card number written down, and then he came back about an hour later saying he had to cancel it.

I've been working since monday and my next day off won't be til saturday. I cannot wait for the 4 day weekend with thanksgiving.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Decent weekend, worked on cars for people yesterday, then ate a weed gummy at night and just chilled. Today I drained the water on the racecar and put coolant in. Did some house chores, grocery shopping and cooking cornish hens for dinner with some wine.

Oh and I put a dubya shift knob and boot the Jetta
20201113_154337.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
I had a decent weekend. Got time to edit some photos on Saturday, as well as to tidy up my boost gauge install. I left some excess hose taped up against my intake shield since I wasn't done messing with it. Cut a little off, but left some slack in case I need to take out the gauge for whatever reason.
Met up with a buddy for a small car meet today, not a ton out there. Saw a RHD kouki S14 Silvia, a ratted S2K with chewed up fenders, a rat-rod 3rd gen Nova with a blower, a few S4s, an RS Q8 (thing is fucking massive). I parked next to a bone stock Fahrenheit Mk5.
Also saw a Veloster N and I'm surprised at how high the engine sits in the bay. Really strange. Really contradicted a VW Atlas I saw the other day with a 2.0L TSI engine -- it looked comically small in that engine bay. You could probably fit another half a TSI engine in there before the hood wouldn't close.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Crazy busy weekend. I had to work a boat show fri-sun, but I sold 4 boats. More than any of our salesmen did, that's not my usual position. It would have been 5. I had a contract signed and the guys credit card number written down, and then he came back about an hour later saying he had to cancel it.

I've been working since monday and my next day off won't be til saturday. I cannot wait for the 4 day weekend with thanksgiving.

There is a guy at work always talking about buying a boat and he was telling how much cheaper they are in Florida. I was like but after travel expenses is it really that much cheaper? He showed me online and the going prices were cheaper up front.

I used to have a boat. It can be an expensive hobby/lifestyle.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I'd be happy with a kayak or a little fishing boat honestly. Just get me out into the water and don't sink.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
There is a guy at work always talking about buying a boat and he was telling how much cheaper they are in Florida. I was like but after travel expenses is it really that much cheaper? He showed me online and the going prices were cheaper up front.

I used to have a boat. It can be an expensive hobby/lifestyle.

I wonder what he was looking at lol
Certain models can be cheaper, like anything with an I/O has so much less demand that you can find those pretty cheap. There's a reason they're that cheap though and now that they've been run through salt water a bunch the maintenance is always going to be a pain. They're fine for freshwater lakes and rivers. Boats with outboards are what everybody wants down here so those sell really well. They're just so much more reliable and easier to maintain if it's going to be used in salt water.

Part of it might just be that northern boats get winterized, covered, and stored away for half the year, but FL boats sit in the sun and get used all year round so they age faster.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I wonder what he was looking at lol
Certain models can be cheaper, like anything with an I/O has so much less demand that you can find those pretty cheap. There's a reason they're that cheap though and now that they've been run through salt water a bunch the maintenance is always going to be a pain. They're fine for freshwater lakes and rivers. Boats with outboards are what everybody wants down here so those sell really well. They're just so much more reliable and easier to maintain if it's going to be used in salt water.

Part of it might just be that northern boats get winterized, covered, and stored away for half the year, but FL boats sit in the sun and get used all year round so they age faster.

Yeah he was looking at outboard center console boats. Like Boston Whaler types but not as much money. Carolina Skiff maybe. That’s a good point about the salt water and sun. He would only be doing freshwater up here. Yeah I used to help my dad winterize his boat every year as a kid. When he had a smaller one he kept it behind the house but now he has like a 36’ something. I know it’s old cause it wasn’t that much money.

😂 old ass picture from when I was 20-21 maybe. My boat that I had when I lived at my dads which is near the water. When I moved away it was always a chore to take it out on the water so I sold it to a neighbor.
FBEAE00F-DA26-4B48-8C08-AB24AF0D752A.jpeg

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Ive always loved the Chris Craft boats like the one from Indiana Jones. I hear they are an absolute nightmare to own though. Like they make other boats look easy.