GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
i think i saved 30 bucks and went with a group 20 something at costo in my mk3... width is the main thing for mounting, there is room for height/ length.

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
i think i saved 30 bucks and went with a group 20 something at costo in my mk3... width is the main thing for mounting, there is room for height/ length.
I wish mine was the group 48, it's the same price for a platinum as the h5, and has like 100 more CCA.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I wish mine was the group 48, it's the same price for a platinum as the h5, and has like 100 more CCA.
try it out, width is the same, just a little longer, may have to reroute some cables

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
try it out, width is the same, just a little longer, may have to reroute some cables
I might give that a try. My battery has some felt/cloth pouch type thing around it. Looks like I have to take the battery out to get that out. I can't see how the thing is mounted. If I can get the better longer battery in, I'm game.

Edit: Put the H6-AGM in. Everything fit well, but the little pouch is too small. No biggie.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I might give that a try. My battery has some felt/cloth pouch type thing around it. Looks like I have to take the battery out to get thaf out. I can't see how the thing is mounted. If I can get the better longer battery in, I'm game.
The plastic front section unclips at the bottom and slides up. Then there is a 13mm bolt on the left side beneath the air intake tube. That's what holds the battery in place.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
you could always DipYourCar™

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
I just tried to do mine with some 3m 1080 vinyl, it wasn't working out, so I plasti dipped the handle white, and did the emblem black.

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
So what happens if I put non-euro oil in the golf?

This is my first euro car, and I just learned about VW oil standards, right after I put about a quart of castrol synthetic in to top it off.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
So what happens if I put non-euro oil in the golf?

I run non-euro oil in my car. Have been for years and it has not blown up. If you feel better about it then when it's time to change it again put VW spec oil in it.

Phur

Autocross Champion
😱
Jk