GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
Depends on how long you're disconnected. My battery replacement took me about 10 minutes and I did not need to do anything except reset the time. I'd consider it a soft reset if under a few hours of no power connected
Cool, thanks.

Another question (sorry, still new to the car)

Is there a way to turn off the running lights when the car is in park and warming up? I've been using the ebrake trick so far. I thought I saw a setting to disable them, but I can't seem to find it again. I assumed that setting disables them completely.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Do all the electronics reset when the battery is disconnected?
If it is disconnected for more than a few minutes your dash will look a bit like a Christmas tree. No worries, as soon as you start to drive the car it will reset everything except the automatic window function. You will need to open them all the way, close them all the way, and possibly open them all the way once more to get it to relearn where to stop and they will work again.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Cool, thanks.

Is there a way to turn off the running lights when the car is in park and warming up? I've been using the ebrake trick so far. I thought I saw a setting to disable them, but I can't seem to find it again. I assumed that setting disables them completely.
If you get a euro light switch (and trigger wire) you can dim them (parking lights mode).

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Cool, thanks.

If you’re talking about the led drl’s in the headlamps this has to be coded in. I have mine set to be controllable in the dash.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Cool, thanks.

I think your assumption is right but you can manually turn your lights on if DRL is a requirement for you.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I've seen in old message board threads where people had LED tail lights that were more "U.S. style", i.e., two reverse lights instead of having a rear fog light. Also, back then they mostly had conventional turn signals. Nowadays every VLAND set available is Euro-style with sequential turn signals. I want LEDs, but I don't necessarily want sequential turn signals and I'd prefer two reverse lights (I know a single light is technically still legal, but I don't want to stand out in that sort of way). Does that kind of product still exist, or is it just those kind of VLANDs?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I've seen in old message board threads where people had LED tail lights that were more "U.S. style", i.e., two reverse lights instead of having a rear fog light. Also, back then they mostly had conventional turn signals. Nowadays every VLAND set available is Euro-style with sequential turn signals. I want LEDs, but I don't necessarily want sequential turn signals and I'd prefer two reverse lights (I know a single light is technically still legal, but I don't want to stand out in that sort of way). Does that kind of product still exist, or is it just those kind of VLANDs?
You can get these from ECS. Depending on what color you want, you can also order them directly from e-acca or cars245.
Does anyone have a contact at klii? Been trying to get ahold of them but never get any replies
Checked in muh emails, don't have anything anymore. It is Austin... so.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Does anyone have a contact at klii? Been trying to get ahold of them but never get any replies
I have no idea if he still works there, but I found an old email from 2016. lol

kenny @ kliimotorwerkes . com

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
20210330_175352.jpg

I am looking at getting a new battery. Autozone says that the MK6 used multiple group sizes. Does anyone know what the hell size this is? I looked up the part number, and it took me to the VW parts site, but that doesn't say anything about the size. Its a '13 base 2.5l auto

Thumper

Autocross Champion