GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Mysterious oil leak

I have an oil leak that has oil dripping through the passenger side of the subframe. Also dripping off the passenger side lower control arm bushing. Also, the oil is creating a huge mess on the passenger side under carriage where the o2 sensors originate from. For the life of me I cannot figure...
  2. S

Battery Drain Occurring After Android Headunit Installed

Hey, I have a 2011 GTI and I installed an Android headunit that I purchased from ECStuning. Which is this unit, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bremmen-parts/9-android-multimedia-system/021488brp09/ Immediately after I installed the radio my battery has been completely flat when I go to drive my...
  3. S

MkVI Golf R side markers

Hey, I recently just had a Golf R front bumper cover painted and installed on my 2011 GTI. Unfortunately, vw does not include a single accessory for the bumper. I was curious if these markers would fit the R Bumper cover. Also, here is a pic of my car before and after the new bumper was...
  4. S

Requesting headliner reuphoster recomendations in San Diego

He owns an auto upholstery Business.
  5. S

Requesting headliner reuphoster recomendations in San Diego

I have a guy in NorCal, Tracy ca. You can do custom headliner what ever material you want or stock for $500.
  6. S

Annoying AF rattle under left side of dash *Video*

Well it seems that I figured it out. Does VW use zip ties from the factory by any chance? lol I highly doubt they do. So the previous owner must of done something under the drivers side dash. Also, it seems that a cover under the drivers side dash is missing. I can see bolt holes that are...
  7. S

Annoying AF rattle under left side of dash *Video*

Annoying AF rattle under drivers side dash 2011 VW GTI. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing the rattle! I can’t reproduce the rattle by hand when the car is stationary and it’s damn near impossible to find the rattle while I’m driving the car! It’s like a plastic rattling...
  8. S

Messing around with an endoscope and ruined my day...

I was thinking the same thing but if you look at the first pic and zoom in you can see a space between the “crack”. I’ll try taking a clearer pic and post it. If it is a crack would it be possible to replace the housing without competently removing the turbo?
  9. S

Messing around with an endoscope and ruined my day...

So I purchased a $20 amazon endoscope and was just messing around with it trying to check around my engine (mainly looking to see if I could catch a glimpse of how bad the carbon build up is on my valves). My car is a 2011 GTI w/ 118k miles. Anyways, I stuck the endoscope down where the air...
  10. S

catless down

I have a Catless down pipe and my CEL came on after the install. The o2 sensors are located immediately after where the cat used to be located so to avoid the CEL you would have to run a cat. I’ve read other post about people adding spacers to the o2 bung but I’ve seen mixed results.
  11. S

Noob info on speaker upgrade

I know their is a search function and I’ve tried to find the info I need but was unsuccessful. I own a 2011 GTI 4 Door and I would like to upgrade the 6.5” speakers with some budget friendly component speakers and amp. For now I’d like to do without a sub, but maybe later I’ll add that on...