GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket possibilities

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Bahh, I can't decide which wheel I like: the 18" Detroits or any other (affordable) aftermarket wheel. I can't find any aftermarket with the same spec as the Detroit, which sucks because I HATE any wheel that screams "aftermarket." It at least needs to look like it could possibly be OE :p Best I can find is 18x8 45mm offset. Which do you guys like best?
ASA

Moda

Rial Como

SE-14

RS4 Rep

Drag DR-34

All are approx. same weight

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
I really like those VW Charlestons. Am I able to buy these OE wheels from the factory (ie instead of Detroits) or would I most likely need to get replicas from an online vendor?

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
nice prices on replicas - just keep in mind the $95 shipping... tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com have good stuff too...

Yea I've been mainly looking at those two places. I have a buddy who works at a local discount tire and he could hook me up with a deal if I decided to go with a wheel there. I'm actually starting to like the Huffs more now that I've been looking at others :bonk:

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed
Which ever wheel you decide to go with, for wheels to look OE, it should not have extra lug nut holes.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Drool...

Checking on the offset of these S5 wheels

Which ever wheel you decide to go with, for wheels to look OE, it should not have extra lug nut holes.

Yea I have taken this into consideration, which eliminates a few of the above

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Yea I love those R8's as well. The offset is 35 or 42mm for the S5's, which would poke about 15mm from stock with the 42 offset. That seems like A LOT since the Detroits look nearly flush with the fender anyway. Sigh, what to do...