GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
So my buddy has a cts k04 and a revo tune. My car will be ready by the weekend. We have similar mods. Dsg vs 6mt

Ill get vids on my gopro asap

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I ran a B8S4 with just an intake (him) on V2 (me) like 2 years ago. I was having surging/misfire/weird loss of power issues up top and I still pulled a ton on him. My friend ran a Stg 2+ one (I don't know if you guys are on vortex and know of the patrick kid with the yellow B8 that was fully bolted and tuned) when he was on V2 and said he only lost by like 2 cars.

I ran him when I was v2 and had a boost leak (n75 was pegged at 100% all the time). He walked me hard throughout third and fourth.

He has lw wheels and brakes which help a lot for him.

papaskot

Passed Driver's Ed
Boost control on 3.1 must be much more uhh...controlled. I hear much more turbo than i used to at part throttle. Seems like before it was either give it all or none, now the car 'breaths' more on throttle modulation, more like the 01 jetta i had (apr stg2+). I thought the tsi just had a quieter intake tract, it still isn't as loud as the 1.8t w/cai, but i am hearing more part throttle turbo now.

I haven't been able to make many high load runs (cops everywhere D:<) but i did notice some weird undulating power in 4th at 100 throttle at ~4500 rpm and up. Going to need to borrow a vagcom or pony up for the DONGLE and gets some logging.

Jamie@APR

Ready to race!
You will see full boost duty cycle past 4000rpm in this hot climate.

Don't think plugs will last longer because it's not a 700hp engine. Plugs aren't measured by crank hp. Feel free to change them when you want but I have been toying with 2.0L's long enough to know how long an iridium will last before it's performance begins to degrade at these levels.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion

Don't think plugs will last longer because it's not a 700hp engine. Plugs aren't measured by crank hp. Feel free to change them when you want but I have been toying with 2.0L's long enough to know how long an iridium will last before it's performance begins to degrade at these levels.

And how long is that before plug degradation?

sent from GS4 using tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

What about the oem platinum plugs that were previously recommended?

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Anyone from NJ want to run a B8 S4 APR Stage 2+? FBO 335i (n54)? FBO 135i (n54)?

I just ran the numbers and the power/weight ratio is extremely similar. It should be a very interesting pull.

I'm down

For real lets setup a NJ "Mexico" trip

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
i cant wait for my box codeeeeeeee...i got smoked by some e85 ethanol 335's and i want to see how I do with 100 oct

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
aren't these stupid fast and ahead of k04 gtis by quite a bit?

yea they are insanely fast and crazy cheap to mod.....that piggyback cost 400% and has like 10 maps for everything....i wish we could run ethanol...

anyways we did 2 pulls one i was 3rd gear and one in 4th both revving at 4k....

he got me both times by 3-4 cars but with 100 octane i think i can close that gap to about 1-2 cars