GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
We Jersey guys should meet up for some pulls down in Mexico...I got aSony Action Cam so it can all be documented on video.
Yes, yes we should. This would really push me to put that K04 back on... since I no longer have much confidence doing pulls against folks @ stage 1.

I got you, give me some time.
Maybe we should round up some friends and cruise down to Mexico for some pulls. Especially non-MK6 GTI friends.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'm quite surprised there aren't more YouTube videos with the tags APR k04 v3.1 yet lol. I have heard of some nice kill stories but no videos. The GolfMK6 group is deviating from it's history of vids lol.

I'm driving 4.5 hours back to my parents down the highway Thursday. I'm going to hook the GoPro up for the whole trip and see what I come across. That trip is usually good for running into something. Hopefully it's something faster than tuned WRX's though. It's getting old putting miles on them every time I'm on the highway :thumbsup:

Anyways, to run good logs with v3.1 k04, do I need to upgrade to APR app? Or will my vag-com give me the information I need. I am barely hitting 25 lbs of boost and would like to try to see where my problem might be. Start with logs to see if I'm hitting requested first. Judging from my gauge and past logs, the two numbers are really close so I think my gauge is fine. I noticed on my 3.0 logs I was barely meeting requested but I had a lot of n75 activity. I might try and do logs tonight and see what I find. Might try a video of the boost gauge during the run also.

I've never used the mobile app, but it does log faster and more variables than vag-com. With that being said, vag-com has been the norm for the past 10 years and will definitely get you adequate enough logs to see what's going on without blowing 200 bucks on a "dongle." That's all I use. The N75 should move quite a bit to avoid the spike below 4k, but the part to look into is the duty cycle. If you aren't meeting requested boost and the duty cycle is pegged or really high that is a clear indication that you have a boost leak somewhere. Looking at this after 4k would probably give you the best results.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Anyone from NJ want to run a B8 S4 APR Stage 2+? FBO 335i (n54)? FBO 135i (n54)?

I just ran the numbers and the power/weight ratio is extremely similar. It should be a very interesting pull.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Yes they should be fine. Just be sure to replace them at 15k miles or less for optimal performance, gapped to 0.028". We are pushing things a LOT more than OEM standards so don't expect the longevity to be what it says in the owners manual lol.

Jamie,

Good to know. I'd never heard that K04 owners should be replacing plugs at 15K miles. I had planned to replace mine every 40K. Do you have other maintenance recommendations? Such as how often we should b replacing oil, DSG fluid, fuel filters?

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Jamie,

Good to know. I'd never heard that K04 owners should be replacing plugs at 15K miles. I had planned to replace mine every 40K. Do you have other maintenance recommendations? Such as how often we should b replacing oil, DSG fluid, fuel filters?

Every Day

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Anyone from NJ want to run a B8 S4 APR Stage 2+? FBO 335i (n54)? FBO 135i (n54)?

I just ran the numbers and the power/weight ratio is extremely similar. It should be a very interesting pull.

I ran a B8S4 with just an intake (him) on V2 (me) like 2 years ago. I was having surging/misfire/weird loss of power issues up top and I still pulled a ton on him. My friend ran a Stg 2+ one (I don't know if you guys are on vortex and know of the patrick kid with the yellow B8 that was fully bolted and tuned) when he was on V2 and said he only lost by like 2 cars.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Jamie,

I do plugs every 20-25k, fuel filter every 40k, oil every 5k, brake fluid every 40-50. No reason to go overboard, these are just small OEM turbo cars..not a 700hp small block.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
I'm driving 4.5 hours back to my parents down the highway Thursday. I'm going to hook the GoPro up for the whole trip and see what I come across. That trip is usually good for running into something. Hopefully it's something faster than tuned WRX's though. It's getting old putting miles on them every time I'm on the highway :thumbsup:

I've never used the mobile app, but it does log faster and more variables than vag-com. With that being said, vag-com has been the norm for the past 10 years and will definitely get you adequate enough logs to see what's going on without blowing 200 bucks on a "dongle." That's all I use. The N75 should move quite a bit to avoid the spike below 4k, but the part to look into is the duty cycle. If you aren't meeting requested boost and the duty cycle is pegged or really high that is a clear indication that you have a boost leak somewhere. Looking at this after 4k would probably give you the best results.

I should have been more specific. Vag-Com to my understanding will not read over 2550mb. That is ~22 lbs of boost. I know I'm making more than that so in that range the log will be showing me meeting requested boost.

Only differences in our car is you have throttle body pipe, catback exhaust, and stock location intercooler vs my fmic.

Log on V3 showed n75 activity in the 80's and 90's past 4k. Going to run logs tonight to see where I'm at. I was under requested at almost every point but not much. Look very similar to the logs posted here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76584

I