GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Ko4 GTI vs APR Stage 2 S3

andrewha

Passed Driver's Ed
the 2009 mk5 was the exact same car from the 2010 mk6, i had one there just wasnt anything special/crazy advancement from the mk6 from my last mk5 thats why it never interested me

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
lol my is38 is coming christmas eve, and i cant wait to walk fully bolted k04s

Who's delivering it? Santa or Rudolph? Remember to post vids of these "monster kills" on bolted K04s. But watch out for the MK7s, they destroy pretty much any car on the road with windshield wiper upgrades alone. There's no telling how much HP they make with an intake. Probably millions.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
Who's delivering it? Santa or Rudolph? Remember to post vids of these "monster kills" on bolted K04s. But watch out for the MK7s, they destroy pretty much any car on the road with windshield wiper upgrades alone. There's no telling how much HP they make with an intake. Probably millions.

Someone sounds jealous

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion

You sound super salty man. The new car is a vast improvement over the old one. No one is claiming that it's the second coming. It's safe to say that chances are, like posted above, an IS38 MK7 will pull on a K04 car.

zrickety

The Fixer
Lol new big turbo beats old big turbo? Geez, I hope so.

Last edited:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
You sound super salty man. The new car is a vast improvement over the old one. No one is claiming that it's the second coming. It's safe to say that chances are, like posted above, an IS38 MK7 will pull on a K04 car.

^this

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Went on a cruise to Philly a couple months ago and there was a guy with a MK7 running this IS38 on APR's Beta file at the time. Went out with him and another guy who was a stage 1 MK7. The stage 1 was pulling on me and the IS38 shit on us and went back for seconds. Bottom line, not many Mk6's are gonna stay with the new gen on that turbo because it puts out insane power.

Just two cents from a victim.

andrewha

Passed Driver's Ed
obviously the new car is going to pull on the old car, the only thing that bugs me is that ko4 mk6 guys think stage 2 mk7s cant touch them and theyre gods gift when in reality were right next to them. im shooting for 400 whp on is38/meth on an off the shelf tune.

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
obviously the new car is going to pull on the old car, the only thing that bugs me is that ko4 mk6 guys think stage 2 mk7s cant touch them and theyre gods gift when in reality were right next to them. im shooting for 400 whp on is38/meth on an off the shelf tune.

Not all of us think like that, some are just living in the past.. 5 years ago k04 seemed like a monster. In the end it's still only a factory turbo upgrade. I'm glad to see the next generation is able to achieve similar numbers without needing a bigger turbo, that's how it should be! If you guys were putting down MK6 stage 3 numbers with only a DP/tune I'd be a little jelly...

andrewha

Passed Driver's Ed
Not all of us think like that, some are just living in the past.. 5 years ago k04 seemed like a monster. In the end it's still only a factory turbo upgrade. I'm glad to see the next generation is able to achieve similar numbers without needing a bigger turbo, that's how it should be! If you guys were putting down MK6 stage 3 numbers with only a DP/tune I'd be a little jelly...

what were stage 3 numbers whp? and ko4 gtis are still monsters, but mk6s were on the slower side of cars from 2010-2014, they had great interior and was a great car, but without a ko4 upgrade speed3s, focus sts, t/c cobalts, srt4s, stis/wrxs, evos, probably fully bolted and tuned k20 civics would get it on the top end (or be a good race) .. im not putting the car on blast but you needed a ko4 just to keep up with regular stock turbo cars.. with an mk7 you dont need a turbo upgrade to keep up with those older cars..

s0n1cm0nk3y1

Ready to race!
I'm surprised to see the animosity towards the MK7 here from some of you. Natural progression works well with turbo upgrades. Having gone against a Stage 2 MK7 with my K04 I can say that at that time the run was pretty decent. It was nose to nose but by the end I had roughly a car on him. IS38 might honestly prove to be a fun run as well. I honestly cant wait to see the differences between both when someone finally gets a run in on a video.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the MK7 exterior and that is probably the biggest means keeping me to my own right now. The MK7 R thought has my interest being a new father with a 2 door and wanting a little more traction throughout, but ultimately the best to come about this is just to enjoy the success of each other and end this pissing match.

OP's video was something I mentioned before and its a great bit to see as I myself was really expecting a complete washout on the S3's part over the K04. Bear in mind the S3 is doing worlds better than APR 2+ 6R against a K04 GTI so considering weight differences there is quite a bit of improvement with the Gen 3 TSI.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I'm surprised to see the animosity towards the MK7 here from some of you. Natural progression works well with turbo upgrades. Having gone against a Stage 2 MK7 with my K04 I can say that at that time the run was pretty decent. It was nose to nose but by the end I had roughly a car on him. IS38 might honestly prove to be a fun run as well. I honestly cant wait to see the differences between both when someone finally gets a run in on a video.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the MK7 exterior and that is probably the biggest means keeping me to my own right now. The MK7 R thought has my interest being a new father with a 2 door and wanting a little more traction throughout, but ultimately the best to come about this is just to enjoy the success of each other and end this pissing match.

OP's video was something I mentioned before and its a great bit to see as I myself was really expecting a complete washout on the S3's part over the K04. Bear in mind the S3 is doing worlds better than APR 2+ 6R against a K04 GTI so considering weight differences there is quite a bit of improvement with the Gen 3 TSI.

This is me right now as well, I like it but I don't..... But IS38 power is awesome, and like I've said in this thread 5 times already, I'm glad the new car is better..... it should be.....