• Other (give name and reason)

Votes: 12 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
Just verified that a link is on unitronic's Facebook as well. I retract my previous statement of being unfair... LOL... Battle of the Facebook followers.

Is just me or is there a thread like this every week... Has no value, except a pissing match between X and Y?

Alik4041

Habibi!
Right the Unitronic guy said its about $175 labor but right now he is taking $100 off labor costs

Extremely overpriced...labor for any MK6 ECU Should be a max of like $50.

crew219

Banned
Unitronic seems especially sensitive to intake design and flow. It's likely tuned closer to the "Edge" than APR which seems to work with most anything..

Which doesn't make sense because if anything, tuners would code out the maf instead of somehow making it more sensitive to maf readings.

Dave

Rcraig84

Ready to race!
Apr for the win. stage 1 for 12k miles no issues. Stage 2 in a couple weeks when I get back from vacation.

Q8GTI

Ready to race!
Unfortunately I don't know much about Unitronic's tuning fundamentals but have heard from multiple sources they disable component protection to yield better gains. However, Im unsure of this.

If I had a choice BESIDES APR it would probably be unitronic. GIAC is close, but I don't know too much about them or their software.

I wholeheartedly advocate co-ops or internships.

My story is pretty similar. I set out with a dream to work in the Automotive industry around the time I was 15-16. By the time I got to college I KNEW I had to be an engineer to ultimately do what I wanted to do, and make a position for myself. Most business markets are saturdated, so I focused on a more technical field. Come to fine I was really good at it.

About my sophomore year, I joined the Co-op program and was lucky enough to see that both Honda and Mercedes were on the list, as well as many automotive suppliers in the area. Living in the Southeast definitely helped me out with that. I interviewed and a few weeks later I had a paid co-op schedule with Mercedes-Benz working as a Process Design Engineer. I rotated every other semester with school and busted my ass and graduated in 4.5 years with a Mechanical Engineering Degree (with automotive focus and acedemics) + Cooperative Education degree.

I didnt have a job until 3 months after I graduated when Mercedes picked me up for a contractor position (MB-Tech, Mercedes' own contractor company) doing exactly what I was doing before, just in the other plant. I worked there for a while then as my contract was ending, Honda came out of nowhere and hired me full time as Quality Design Engineer (New Model and Market) and that's where I've been ever since. I'm also testing lead here, but that's just a subrole of the bigger scheme.

I set out with a dream and I achieved it. Now all I can do is go further into the rabbit hole and discover my true potential. Being 24, There is so much left to be filled. I've been trying to get a job with APR to move back to Auburn, AL so I can settle down and have kids, but they dont have any openings. I've also thought about starting my own company and/or getting my PHD and teaching engineering classes.

However, all that being said, I WOULD NOT be here if it wasnt for Co-op/Intership. If its paid all the power to you, if its not, find a second job and bust your ass to get some experience. We dont look at resumes here if they dont have some sort of experience related to the field and most companies are like that.

Grambles i just came across the above quote in another thread in which you say "I've been trying to get a job with APR to move back to Auburn", Could this be the reason you bring these allegations against Unitronic, thinking that siding with APR will get you a job?

D Darko

Ready to race!
Wow...wtf dude. If you have read ANYTHING Grambles has posted, you would know what that is a ridiculous question....

Retro1

Ready to race!
Grambles i just came across the above quote in another thread in which you say "I've been trying to get a job with APR to move back to Auburn", Could this be the reason you bring these allegations against Unitronic, thinking that siding with APR will get you a job?

;)

Q8GTI

Ready to race!
Wow...wtf dude. If you have read ANYTHING Grambles has posted, you would know what that is a ridiculous question....

I just read the above post in another thread before taking a look at this thread, that's the only reason why I asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JhnR

Banned

dud really? :lol:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion

Who knows the reason, but it doesn't change any of the information provided.

Link

Ready to race!
Be aware of the install pricing too. I know down in Southern Cali, they charge 200$ for installation. Take that into account.

Paid $90 in labor for APR Stage 1 down at pure motorsports.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
EDIT: I dont need to cloud this thread up with my personal life. I'm happy here at Honda. I would love to move back to Auburn some day, mostly because of the Mrs. But to set the record straight, I'm not on some smear campaign to promote a job offer for APR. I'm not big of a douche bag......damn. That's just low down. I speak from my experiences with the community and what I've learned over the last 6 years.

I, much like everyone else, want to know what Unitronic's tuning principles are. Like I said before....I almost chose Uni over APR, until I researched APR more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.