GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are you planning on any 2.0 TDI Performance Upgrades?

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
If you are trying to get big power, I thought Malone was one of the best, as they have a custom flash for people who want to run downpipes.

kelvillain

Ready to race!
I've been running MaloneTuning's stage II file for 2 months now. I reccomend this to anyone who will spend 600 dollars on anything for this car this should be first. The car pulls hard to 4500-4800 rpm amd first gear feels 50% longer because of the rev limiter turned off. Honestly the rev limiter really shines in getting a tune for this car because of the short powerband we start with.

Some nitpicks, once the engine gets too hot the power with surge, for example WOT at 3rd gear will be inconsistent and jerky. It will surge and feel like you are taking your foot off and on the gas. So when that happens you can shift earlier and there won't be any surging, it only happens WOT or or prolonged periods of max boost. Keep in mind I do not have a downpipe! With the egr delete and dpf delete the car will not overheat and surge and be capable of more power in the higher rpms.

I believe with an intercooler, intake and downpipe my nitpicks will be corrected.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
This. And it sounds like you went to stage 2 without a DPF delete. Is that right?

Interested about this as well. Keeping the DPF is a must at this point, unless a tune can be had that delivers an increase in performance without increasing soot/NOx/Sulfur levels (doesn't seem possible).

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Some nitpicks, once the engine gets too hot the power with surge, for example WOT at 3rd gear will be inconsistent and jerky. It will surge and feel like you are taking your foot off and on the gas. So when that happens you can shift earlier and there won't be any surging, it only happens WOT or or prolonged periods of max boost. Keep in mind I do not have a downpipe! With the egr delete and dpf delete the car will not overheat and surge and be capable of more power in the higher rpms.

I believe with an intercooler, intake and downpipe my nitpicks will be corrected.

You are hitting the EGT protection which will pull back power (as you guessed)

This is why stage 1 power is limited to what it is by most tuners and a stage 2 while you can do it is inconsistent if the DPF remains.

IF you are going to keep the DPF forever i would get a stage 1 flash installed to prevent this. Also make sure that you do not have a stage 2 FOR a DPF delete, if your reg is shut off due to the tuner assuming you removed hte DPF you WILL clog your DPF and that will be very expensive.

StevenFrankMK6

I had the Unitronic Stage 1 ECU and DSG tunes installed on my car back in March and the power is unquestionably noticeable. The car drives much smoother too. For the most part, your fuel mileage stays the same as long as you aren't mashing the hell out of it all the time. You barely have to depress the accelerator to pass folks on the highway.

Dmitry S

Just got my APR TDI tune today. Only about 50 miles on it so far, but first impressions are very good. Despite the fact that I floored it from every stop light today, I still managed to get 42 mpg. I'll write a longer review once I get at least a full tank on the new tune.

Justboj

Passed Driver's Ed
for those with a tdi unitronic tune. can you provide any current updates with your cars performance as a daily driver car? now that you've had your tune in for awhile....