GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Barische's Car Build

barische

Go Kart Champion
can you pm me info on the cam mount as well? lookn' good dude!

Box said monitor bracket model: WR-1

I think i ended buying the last available one off of ebay.. Tried searching for it but couldnt find it.. Here is the pic.. Sorry

barische

Go Kart Champion
As you can tell from the mods, focus is on driveability and handling vs power. Only power upgrades were tune and intake, but intake is currently on sale.

all shifter bushings were upgraded, chassis stiffening, RSB, motor mounts have made the car an amazing ride without huge DD compromise.

I'm at crossroads between either to advance with Coilovers, wheels +tires, new clutch, alloy control arms (TT or passat), all suspension bushings or part out the GTI and go for EVO X. Currently have some money saved in the bank, car is paid off. I used to drive BMW 318ti which was amazing. Here and there i get the itch for E46 M3 or get e36 318ti and drop s52 engine in it. From the reviews of EVO x which seems to be an amazing driving machine i think it may fit my needs. So currently the modding is at pause till i make up my mind before i drop 1.5k on to new clutch + labor

JT641

Banned
Friend of mine has an EVO 8 He calls a plastic rattle trap & I have to agree with him, Definetly doesn't have the refined look & feel the MK6 GTI does. Really likes the interior of my car. The one car I would take over my car is a 135i.

JT641

Banned
Thanks for the input.

Yeah I was like you not to long ago (check my build thread) thinking I should have went something else or should spend my money on something that would give me a higher return in terms of performance IE; BMW 135i, Then I realized I can get some pretty darn good performance out of the GTI while still having be a better year round daily driver than the BMW. That & I would've had to sell off a whole lot of parts off of car & parts bought for my car. So I'm moving forward with my build, driveline & then the suspension & so on.

barische

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I was like you not to long ago (check my build thread) thinking I should have went something else or should spend my money on something that would give me a higher return in terms of performance IE; BMW 135i, Then I realized I can get some pretty darn good performance out of the GTI while still having be a better year round daily driver than the BMW. That & I would've had to sell off a whole lot of parts off of car & parts bought for my car. So I'm moving forward with my build, driveline & then the suspension & so on.

Im kinda agree. But every once in a while i get that urge to upgrade.. Dont think grass is greener on the other side.. Same old grass..

Also the other thing; car is paid off.. Dont want to get into car payments nor higher insurance cost

I think i can get GTI into respectable DD, weekend tracker level w/ fairly low amount of $ spent

JT641

Banned
Im kinda agree. But every once in a while i get that urge to upgrade.. Dont think grass is greener on the other side.. Same old grass..

Also the other thing; car is paid off.. Dont want to get into car payments nor higher insurance cost

I think i can get GTI into respectable DD, weekend tracker level w/ fairly low amount of $ spent

Totally agree with you there, I know once I'm done with my build it's going to be a pretty stellar car.:thumbsup:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
About to fill the control arm bushing void spots w windo weld this weekend lol.. Will update as to they feel.

Also will be doing new front brakes n fuel filter

Please take pics. Curious to see what they look like. Also, where u at in NJ?