GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Whats everyones take on doing an aux in tank pump?

already have a ttrs lpfp with pm3 and zzp injectors.

GIAC sells a kit with a pressure switch that basically Ts into the feed line to the hpfp.

is this just overkill rn? or will it only help?

link to kit: http://www.giacusa.com/news_and_media/display_news.php?id=208

I am using the USP one in my GTX28 setup and I have 3 friends running it in their BT cars (EFR7163, GTX3076R, GTX3071 Gen2), we have the 4 running perfectly without any issue for more than 4 years now.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Engi...age-3-Auxiliary-Low-Pressure-Fuel-System.html

If you're running port fuel where the aux injectors will drop pressure in the feed line to the HPFP then this should help. Why add a secondary complex system when you can just upgrade from the TT-RS LPFP to a Walbro 450 surge tank? Stick with one upgraded LPFP still controlled by ECU/tune or CM5-LT.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Outside of my old build, I had never seen anyone with a TSI utilize a surge tank setup.

I had an AEM 380lph pump in an IE surge tank. With all 3/8 nylon quick connect fittings it made for a very clean setup, and had more than enough fuel support to run 30psi on a gtx3071r with lNF injectors and a 1000cc 5th.
Granted I was using some meth (simple twin poet setup).
I simply used the stock fuel sender, wired with a 20amp relay, and all new wiring. Proved to be a very stout setup.

Last edited:

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Just quick question, shouldn’t be the full boost arrives on 4200rpm?
My friends whom runs the EFR7163 get full boost around 4200rpm with 30+ psi while it’s around 5200rpm on your graph!

it can be earlier like ~4500RPM but I would prefer current setting since we here in Taiwan race more 100-200kph (62-124mph) than quarter mile, normally we race starting from 80kph (50mph) on 3rd gear so it does not matter if 35PSI comes up late as the engine RPM is already in the range ready to hit the full boost once WOT. Also, with this setting I can avoid front tires (PSS 235 40 18) slipping more or less when 3rd gear WOT. Second reason is that, I think it might bring the heat to come up later so my top end will not get weaker that soon :thumbup: (it is just my opinion).

How is your built with Turbozentrum EFR7163? Can't wait to see :w00t:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion

I have almost everything ready pending for installation, I ordered the needed inlet silicone 2.5” to 3.5” because I will use the custom 3.5” air intake I have.

Bronson send me the base file to be used in order to start the tuning immediately after installation.
If I remember well the only thing I still need is the MBC because Bronson asked me to have one installed specially in the first phase of tuning.

Btw, the numbers on the link sent above regarding the TurboZentrum smaller EFR kit is really awesome which encourages me to replace my GTX28 quickly :)

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Just quick question, shouldn’t be the full boost arrives on 4200rpm?
My friends whom runs the EFR7163 get full boost around 4200rpm with 30+ psi while it’s around 5200rpm on your graph!

I've gotten my EFR7163 to peak boost by 4,200 without really pushing it.

it can be earlier like ~4500RPM but I would prefer current setting since we here in Taiwan race more 100-200kph (62-124mph) than quarter mile, normally we race starting from 80kph (50mph) on 3rd gear so it does not matter if 35PSI comes up late as the engine RPM is already in the range ready to hit the full boost once WOT. Also, with this setting I can avoid front tires (PSS 235 40 18) slipping more or less when 3rd gear WOT. Second reason is that, I think it might bring the heat to come up later so my top end will not get weaker that soon :thumbup: (it is just my opinion).

I'm in the same boat, I'd rather more linear boost than a hard ramp up to peak then taper. For the sake of the transmission, traction, etc, smooth and steady feels better.

FriggenT1

Banned
Ok guys, I posted a question a while ago about dropping out the passenger side axle to install my WGA. I figured you BT guys have probably done it (or a few anyway). I really don't want to take a turbo out a third time if i can help it.

If I just drop the axle from the trans side, would that give me the space I needed?

FriggenT1

Banned
Ok guys, I posted a question a while ago about dropping out the passenger side axle to install my WGA. I figured you BT guys have probably done it (or a few anyway). I really don't want to take a turbo out a third time if i can help it.

If I just drop the axle from the trans side, would that give me the space I needed?

Nevermind, I got it in without dropping the axle

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Outside of my old build, I had never seen anyone with a TSI utilize a surge tank setup.

I had an AEM 380lph pump in an IE surge tank. With all 3/8 nylon quick connect fittings it made for a very clean setup, and had more than enough fuel support to run 30psi on a gtx3071r with lNF injectors and a 1000cc 5th.
Granted I was using some meth (simple twin poet setup).
I simply used the stock fuel sender, wired with a 20amp relay, and all new wiring. Proved to be a very stout setup.

I had the setup 4-5 years ago but ended up selling it to Zach and he had a IE with 044 on his.

LAGP

Ready to race!
At last the compound set up is running, still working out some details but it looks promising.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
At last the compound set up is running, still working out some details but it looks promising.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

holy shit that is bad ass
:eek::eek: