GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Eww, screw that. So they won't be friendly if I don't buy their kit? Sounds like apr....

I am open to learning how to tune. Probably going to pay someone first though. Gotta check with RAI to see if they do dyno tunes. They're probably the best shop relatively close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, they calibrated their tune to those specific components so I get it. It just sucks for the end user to pay 2k for fueling when the parts can be sourced individually for a total of like 600. BUT, the tune should work right out of the box without messing with it.

Edit: I'd still recommend Eurodyne though, based off my experience with the program. My tune, fuel pump/controller and Aquamist TOTAL cost about the same as the UNI fueling kit alone.

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Do as you wish and enjoy the ride

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Those injectors a direct swap? That's too good to be true!

Pull the injectors out of the fuel rail and crimp the wiring to the stock VW harness and they work. This is what my mechanic said. I have them in my CCTA TSI A3 and my tuner says they give a lot more head room over the stock injectors and a bit more then the LNFs per ZZP's website.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Do as you wish and enjoy the ride

More info on this pls!

It's not enticing if nobody knows anything about it. I understand keeping the bosch part number a secret but why can't we see some data/testing/results/anything? Why is it all so top secret? We don't even know if it'll ever be available to the public.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
More info on this pls!

It's not enticing if nobody knows anything about it. I understand keeping the bosch part number a secret but why can't we see some data/testing/results/anything? Why is it all so top secret? We don't even know if it'll ever be available to the public.

What is this!? Hpfp???

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I'm not even sure why we care about the HPFP, when everyone here is making big power with DP meth and the stock pump with more than enough fuel. I mean, unless it allows us to run full E85 or something, that would be a game changer. I can't see it providing that much headroom though.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I'm not even sure why we care about the HPFP, when everyone here is making big power with DP meth and the stock pump with more than enough fuel. I mean, unless it allows us to run full E85 or something, that would be a game changer. I can't see it providing that much headroom though.

If it can't push enough for e85 then why bother?

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
If it can't push enough for e85 then why bother?

because more + fuel more air = more power. if you want to stop at around 550whp then wmi and oem hpfp does work. You want more you need more fuel.

Want to run more that 450chp on pump fuel well you need more fuel. There is plenty of people that would rather run pump and then have 100oct fuel and not ever touch wmi. Its way safer to use oem ecu and fuel with that than piggy backs.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
because more + fuel more air = more power. if you want to stop at around 550whp then wmi and oem hpfp does work. You want more you need more fuel.

Want to run more that 450chp on pump fuel well you need more fuel. There is plenty of people that would rather run pump and then have 100oct fuel and not ever touch wmi. Its way safer to use oem ecu and fuel with that than piggy backs.

By piggy back are you referring to the ecu co trolling the meth?

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Then how about you actually tell us anything about it. Instead of acting like its more secret than nuclear codes. Until then youre just pissing people off.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
I mean I get the appeal. I think
I'd prefer not to rely on meth for fuel. But I'm sure it's gunna cost a fortune :/

Can anyone explain to me what exactly a 5th injector is? Are those the only two options for for fueling a BT set up? Meth or 5th injector?