GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
not bad. Probably just old skool it and wrap clear packaging tape around my forearms and as much of my hands as possible
You must not have forearm hair. I'm cringing just thinking about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I had a turbo blanket on my 944. I had to remove it to fix an exhaust leak that popped up. Didn't bother to reinstall a new one.

Can't say I noticed any difference before/after. I'm sure that they work. But I didn't notice any real practical difference.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I had a turbo blanket on my 944. I had to remove it to fix an exhaust leak that popped up. Didn't bother to reinstall a new one.

Can't say I noticed any difference before/after. I'm sure that they work. But I didn't notice any real practical difference.

It's more about containing the heat to keep it in the turbo vs the engine bay. I'm not expecting any real power difference.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah. On the 944 Turbo, the intake manifold plenum is DIRECTLY above the turbo. I actually had to file away part of the manifold to clear the DBB turbo I installed.

Still can't say I noticed a diff. I kinda expected it to be noticeable - at least with heatsoak on hot days. :iono:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Yeah. On the 944 Turbo, the intake manifold plenum is DIRECTLY above the turbo. I actually had to file away part of the manifold to clear the DBB turbo I installed.

Still can't say I noticed a diff. I kinda expected it to be noticeable - at least with heatsoak on hot days. :iono:

FACTS

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
You misspelled "FAX".

What would you like us to fax you, sir?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.