GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Dat Gunkata, asking questions on the Facespace that he'd known the answers to if he paid attention around here....

:sm3:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Holy shit. What a nightmare indeed. That sounds horrifying. That woman has issues....

Yeah she definitely did.

And that is where I learned that honest people pretty much just get fucked, no matter what. You hear all these stories of "slip and fall" or whatever where they got rich after a lawsuit.

We really didn't want to get rich - we just wanted the medical bills paid, and the wife's income recovered since she really did hurt her neck and was out of work a few weeks.

We had to fight tooth and nail to get anything. Technically we actually LOST money because the wife was on commission then and after the attorney collected their fees, we pretty much just got her hourly comp covered and that was it.

I remember the attorneys trying to get us to say that a bunch of other shit hurt, etc. that was total BS and completely untrue.

Shame.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeah she definitely did.

And that is where I learned that honest people pretty much just get fucked, no matter what. You hear all these stories of "slip and fall" or whatever where they got rich after a lawsuit.

We really didn't want to get rich - we just wanted the medical bills paid, and the wife's income recovered since she really did hurt her neck and was out of work a few weeks.

We had to fight tooth and nail to get anything. Technically we actually LOST money because the wife was on commission then and after the attorney collected their fees, we pretty much just got her hourly comp covered and that was it.

I remember the attorneys trying to get us to say that a bunch of other shit hurt, etc. that was total BS and completely untrue.

Shame.

Settlement should have included attorney fees.

Criminally did they get her good?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Get her a Zotye.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Settlement should have included attorney fees.

Criminally did they get her good?

Ya basically the settlement covered reimbursing our car insurance for the car damage, reimbursed our medical bills, reimbursed the attorney fees, and reimbursed income losses from hourly wages. It failed to include income losses from potential commission (which was heavy....)

Criminally she got probation.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Ya basically the settlement covered reimbursing our car insurance for the car damage, reimbursed our medical bills, reimbursed the attorney fees, and reimbursed income losses from hourly wages. It failed to include income losses from potential commission (which was heavy....)

Criminally she got probation.

Dat doctor status. Wonder if she’d been black lol

Status
Not open for further replies.