GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Got a new Christmas tree since my parents took the one we were using. They want to go back to the mini Christmas tree. Anyone goin to the Thanksgiving parade this year? First time ever for me. Also working Black Friday.. yayyyy

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Got a new Christmas tree since my parents took the one we were using. They want to go back to the mini Christmas tree. Anyone goin to the Thanksgiving parade this year? First time ever for me. Also working Black Friday.. yayyyy

Oh yeah thanksgiving is this week. Off black Friday. Time to look for black Friday sales on parts. Idk what I need tho.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Boat show is done...feels good to be back in my office.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Good morning everybody.

Let's go Bears!!!!!!!!!
they won yeah
when is mini christmas again?
12/25 from 3-4 pm :iono:
monday wow yeah. coffee just finished brewing, the grind has been in my freezer for 10 months. jamaica blue mountain. lets see how it goes.
jamaica blue mountain? sounds like a strain of weed
yep
Boat show is done...feels good to be back in my office.
Howd it go ?

Phur

Autocross Champion

Freshness is relative and the preparation method affects how obvious stale coffee presents itself.

I respectfully disagree with your yep. [emoji16]

Being in Quality and Process Control over beverages as long as I was, I kinda tend to science the shit out of stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m going to bed. Talk to you guys later. Have a nice day!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Howd it go?

Dunno yet. We don't typically sell much at the show these days. People come back afterwards and over the next year or so we should be selling boats to people we met at the show. Like I met a guy that's still having his home and dock built, so in a little under a year it should be completed. He's never had a boat before, so he wants me to find him a cheap 18-20' boat he can learn on for a year and then once he feels ready he'll buy the boat he really wants from me.

We sold a few at the show, but the majority of sales comes later.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Dunno yet. We don't typically sell much at the show these days. People come back afterwards and over the next year or so we should be selling boats to people we met at the show. Like I met a guy that's still having his home and dock built, so in a little under a year it should be completed. He's never had a boat before, so he wants me to find him a cheap 18-20' boat he can learn on for a year and then once he feels ready he'll buy the boat he really wants from me.

We sold a few at the show, but the majority of sales comes later.

You must meet a lot of people with F you money amirite? :iono:

Do you watch below deck ?

im a noob but how do you tell how many miles on a boats engine? do they have odometers? :iono:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Monday yeah. Tired yeah. Birthday was good. Wife got me the Momo steering wheel mount for my car. So that’s cool. Thanksgiving yeah and Black Friday. Too poor to shop for anything. Trying to get wife a cheap daily and sell the van and wagon. Burnt out to say the least.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You must meet a lot of people with F you money amirite? :iono:

Do you watch below deck ?

im a noob but how do you tell how many miles on a boats engine? do they have odometers? :iono:

Oh ya, an heir to LL Bean is one of our customers. Dude has a 36' fishing boat, I think he's also got a 32'+ cabin cruiser, and the car he showed up in last week was one of those mercedes SUVs that starts at $145k. Those 3 vehicles combined are probably over $500k when bought new.

We have another customer that in the last 6 years I've been here he's bought like 4 or 5 boats just trying to figure out what style of boat works best for him. Every year he just trades in and buys a different boat.

The first boat I ever sold was to an older couple that practically bought the boat just because it had a step up to the front deck. I think he's pretty famous in the golf world. He has a company that makes golf clubs and balls. There was no haggling and he wrote a check for it.

We meet some pretty interesting people with some different jobs. One guy I sold a boat to owns a big marijuana farm, and he's probably over 80 years old.

Never heard of below deck.

Boats go by hours and not miles, but certain digital gauges do display how many miles you've traveled, and they still list miles per gallon with the fuel burn, it's not hours per gallon. When you're looking at how used a boat is you're looking at how many hours the motor has been ran. The first service for the boat is after the first 20 hours, and then after that it's once a year or every 100 hours.

Last edited:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Oh ya, an heir to LL Bean is one of our customers. Dude has a 36' fishing boat, I think he's also got a 32'+ cabin cruiser, and the car he showed up in last week was one of those mercedes SUVs that starts at $145k. Those 3 vehicles combined are probably over $500k when bought new.

We have another customer that in the last 6 years I've been here he's bought like 4 or 5 boats just trying to figure out what style of boat works best for him. Every year he just trades in and buys a different boat.

The first boat I ever sold was to an older couple that practically bought the boat just because it had a step up to the front deck. I think he's pretty famous in the golf world. He has a company that makes golf clubs and balls. There was no haggling and he wrote a check for it.

We meet some pretty interesting people with some different jobs. One guy I sold a boat to owns a big marijuana farm, and he's probably over 80 years old.

Never heard of below deck.

Boats go by hours and not miles, but certain digital gauges do display how many miles you've traveled, and they still list miles per gallon with the fuel burn, it's not hours per gallon. When you're looking at how used a boat is you're looking at how many hours the motor has been ran. The first service for the boat is after the first 20 hours, and then after that it's once a year or every 100 hours.

Learned a lot here ^ wow.

Below deck , show that follows crew on a yacht. Interesting guests, some humble others not so much. You can tell stumbled upon new money vs money earned from hard work. New money are usually bratty and have that "kiss my ring" attitude towards deck hands.

Whats your achievable dream boat?

Marijuana farmer only gonna make more money over the next couple of years . (make it rain gif)

edit: that below deck show, sometimes the guests are complete nightmares...but at the end of the show they tip the whole crew massively to make up for it. Weird requests like "must have gumballs, except for white ones" etc

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Phew, what an exhausting last two weeks. Man parents and in-laws, love em, but only in small doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.