GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Huge slowdowns for me. They put us on 20% furlough for the next month. Gf's work closed entirely. This next 6 weeks is going to be really rough.

Shit sorry to hear that man :( Guess it's time to scrounge up as many side jobs as possible... :/

I was hopeful this would be done in another week or so. Video today of the President suggested Easter, at least on a National scale. No idea what Governor Toilet is planning. I think if this stretches to Easter a LOT of people are going to be f*cked.

I definitely consider myself fortunate that I'm not impacted. Most of my automation tools are proving helpful, especially now that I made them available outside the corporate firewall. They did institute a hiring freeze. Any pending offers to go out were canceled, along with any interviews. Me and my guy are busy but are coping. Few other teams I interact with (especially my product management team... who is WAY WAY behind and was really counting on a Q1 new hire) got screwed.

My wife's employer actually cut everyone's hours but she's the only one that's salaried at her property (and averages 60+ hours a week) so thankfully she hasn't been hit.

Alright back to Twitter and my conspiracy theories.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Shit sorry to hear that man :( Guess it's time to scrounge up as many side jobs as possible... :/

I was hopeful this would be done in another week or so. Video today of the President suggested Easter, at least on a National scale. No idea what Governor Toilet is planning. I think if this stretches to Easter a LOT of people are going to be f*cked.

I definitely consider myself fortunate that I'm not impacted. Most of my automation tools are proving helpful, especially now that I made them available outside the corporate firewall. They did institute a hiring freeze. Any pending offers to go out were canceled, along with any interviews. Me and my guy are busy but are coping. Few other teams I interact with (especially my product management team... who is WAY WAY behind and was really counting on a Q1 new hire) got screwed.

My wife's employer actually cut everyone's hours but she's the only one that's salaried at her property (and averages 60+ hours a week) so thankfully she hasn't been hit.

Trying to drum up as much side work as I can. Nobody wants to do anything right now. Glad you and the family aren't affected. Could always be worse. Rip anyone in the food/restaurant industry

Phur

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
I wouldnt go anywhere near the city right now tbh, 28 days later vibes
I've been listening to F#A#∞ by "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" for the last few days. This album was a huge inspiration for the director for this film. Part of one of the songs is even in it, East Hastings.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I've been listening to F#A#∞ by "Godspeed You! Black Emperor" for the last few days. This album was a huge inspiration for the director for this film. Part of one of the songs is even in it, East Hastings.
Maybe don't have a listen if you are having anxiety issues.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I went to pick up my car from the body shop today. They said that it was done. When I went to close the hatch after loading my old bumper in there, I noticed that it didn't sound right as it closed. It looked like maybe they overshot a couple of clips on the top part of the rear bumper when they were reinstalling it. It was slightly raised where it seals the hatch. It just needs to be taken off and put back on. The go-to guy had left for the day, so I have to pick it up tomorrow. It looks awesome though. I'm super stoked about it... which feels shitty and confusing because there is so much bad shit going down everywhere. I guess Indiana has a shelter-in-place order now. The owner of the body shop said that they were exempt, automotive repairs are essential. I need my car back for work. The transmission has been acting squirrely on Lady Phur's Jetta. It's been acting squirrely in general, actually. I placed an order of oil and transmission fluid with FCP Euro a couple of days ago and it says that it has shipped, so that's good.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I went to pick up my car from the body shop today. They said that it was done. When I went to close the hatch after loading my old bumper in there, I noticed that it didn't sound right as it closed. It looked like maybe they overshot a couple of clips on the top part of the rear bumper when they were reinstalling it. It was slightly raised where it seals the hatch. It just needs to be taken off and put back on. The go-to guy had left for the day, so I have to pick it up tomorrow. It looks awesome though. I'm super stoked about it... which feels shitty and confusing because there is so much bad shit going down everywhere. I guess Indiana has a shelter-in-place order now. The owner of the body shop said that they were exempt, automotive repairs are essential. I need my car back for work. The transmission has been acting squirrely on Lady Phur's Jetta. It's been acting squirrely in general, actually. I placed an order of oil and transmission fluid with FCP Euro a couple of days ago and it says that it has shipped, so that's good.
I got my order pretty quick fro FCP the other day. 2x 5qt and 2x 1qt of liquimoly molygen, offically done with my supply of Castrol.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Wife laid off. Fuck.
They’re letting me work OT as claims are flooding in due to contractors climbing roofs and claiming random damage. So I guess that’s good
I'm sorry, Das.

torga

Autocross Champion
Wife laid off. Fuck.
They’re letting me work OT as claims are flooding in due to contractors climbing roofs and claiming random damage. So I guess that’s good
Sorry to hear that. Is it a permanent layoff?

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Huge slowdowns for me. They put us on 20% furlough for the next month. Gf's work closed entirely. This next 6 weeks is going to be really rough.
That blows. I’m sorry.

Trying to drum up as much side work as I can. Nobody wants to do anything right now. Glad you and the family aren't affected. Could always be worse. Rip anyone in the food/restaurant industry
I might have a few things that need to be done if your down and if the parts ever show up.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Shit, man. Sorry to hear that.

thanks man
I'm sorry, Das.

Sorry to hear that. Is it a permanent layoff?

As long as new construction builders aren’t allowed to work she has no job. Luckily I got offered to work all weekend. I make decent money so we’ll scrape by on my income, but I’ll have to work at least 25+ hours this weekend to make up her paycheck. Then taxes will just fuck me anyways.

I’m sorry man. That sucks donkey balls.
Sure does. Right when we get her car paid off and on top of things.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
No idea what Governor Toilet is planning. I think if this stretches to Easter a LOT of people are going to be f*cked.

Lol Governor Toilet ^ Bingo.

This is going to go into June/July easily i think. # conspiracyBros

OH wow yeah wow
Wife laid off. Fuck.
Sorry bro, you'll get through this (y)
I make decent money so we’ll scrape by on my income, but I’ll have to work at least 25+ hours this weekend to make up her paycheck. Then taxes will just fuck me anyways.
Sell some stuff around the house, she can easily pick up a part time job right now...while a lot of fields are being hit with lay offs..a lot of other fields are thriving. See if she can get a job at Trader Joes, their workers make VERY good money actually for being a grocery store .

Taxes FTL