GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I apologize for any outbursts this morning, I was getting hangry and wasn't myself. I've had my english muffin pizzas and feel much better now.

Some before and after pics

1675184576168.png

1675184594068.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Why can't things align like this for me? I spent at least half an hour talking to this guy on the phone last night. He was looking for a boat we don't have in stock. He tells me, no need to worry about getting one soon, I can wait a couple years for the right one.

I come into the office today and a salesman had put a folder on my desk. It's for a used boat he's bringing in on consignment. The exact boat this guy was looking for last night. I bet it's too soon for him to want to pull the trigger though. I want to wait until the boat is here and I can see it in person before I tell him about it though. It always seems to be a mistake telling people about what's coming in before we can see it and get a trade check done.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
only two (one?)

on topic: last nights dinner was home made popcorn!

They're actually "king sized" english muffins.

Regardless, I did make a round two.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
never knew the CC came with a manual...
1675187167960.png

1675187177714.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Hooray for tax talk! The most likey thing going on is either:
1 - your withholding sheet is messed up and you need to update it
Or
2 - if you make OT or bonuses, it's possible your company isn't using the special bonus payment withholding rate, which can result in underpayment

Lastly, part of the last set of tax cuts that were passed included updating withholding tables to try to more closely match what people would actually owe. The idea was more money would go home in every paycheck with the trade-off being smaller refunds. Prior to that, the tables intentionally over withheld significantly. Most people making under $50k a year pay essentially nothing in federal income tax and most people under $100k pay very little (10-15% at most). It's SS and Medicare that get you.

Serious offer of help here too, you can PM if you've got questions. I love this crap, but don't want to clutter the thread too much.

For a few years about 5-6 years ago, I had that sweet spot with my W-4 withholdings and only getting a $100-200 refund. Fuck em if they think they can get an interest-free loan, right?
Suddenly, the past 3 years, I've owed. This is with maximum withholdings. Even before taking into account my 1099s, I owe -- my 1099s just make me owe more. There's nothing else to do than just do additional withholding. Which, imo, is utter bullshit. If I'm doing maximum allowable withholding on a regular W2 and my company's payroll is doing everything right on their end, there shouldn't be any reason to owe even more money at the end of the year. Makes no sense. Fix the damn tax code.

Better yet, fuck TurboTax for lobbying to keep this shit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.