GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Catted Downpipe (Godspeed + Cat)?

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
I'm considering going Stage 2 and looking at options for a DP. I want to stay catted, which means the only options are well above $500. I've searched but haven't found much info on anybody using a less expen$ive downpipe like Godspeed/Raceland and welding in another brand 3" cat inline. Something like a Flowmaster 3" inlet/outlet goes for like $70!

I'm CBFA, which means I'll have to figure out a workaround there as well...

Thoughts?

Twistedgti

Ready to race!
I plan on getting the spm front portion so I know it'll mount correctly and have correct hanger placement and then doing 3" custom back with aftermarket cat, electric cutout in stock resonator location(with wot activation set for opening above 4300rpm) then having 2 vibrant resonators(one on each of the exhaust pipes in stock muffler location) with 4" magnaflow tips

All when money allows it

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
I am actually adding a 200 cell cat to my Godspeed downpipe in a week or two. Unfortunately the noise and smell was starting to make the wife complain after I added the Magnaflow catback.

simpson110

Ready to race!
I assume you are talking about not having the right O2 bungs on the Godspeed pipe. If that's the case just have them weld in another one before the cat when they put the cat in.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
I'm considering going Stage 2 and looking at options for a DP. I want to stay catted, which means the only options are well above $500. I've searched but haven't found much info on anybody using a less expen$ive downpipe like Godspeed/Raceland and welding in another brand 3" cat inline. Something like a Flowmaster 3" inlet/outlet goes for like $70!

I'm CBFA, which means I'll have to figure out a workaround there as well...

Thoughts?

I did this. but I never put it on the car...