GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
At how many miles did you replace your first follower? I pulled mine to do my autotech hpfp upgrade last week. With 26k miles it barely looked like it had an wear at all so I through it back in and will check again in 8-10k miles.

Very roughly, I changed at 18k, 33k, 48k, and 60k. The last follower looked absolutely flawless. I almost wanted it put it back in but I changed it anyway.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I really wish we could just put a tsi cam follower in that has the roller

There is a conversion you can do to a roller-style follower, but I'm sure you know about it.

I just can't believe VW ever thought it was a smart design. :iono:

True. The last time I looked into it I found it's cheaper to just change followers every 15k.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Going back to this post from May...
Summer plans for the R...

Definitely doing:
1.) new south boost gauge with column mount done!
2.) HPA dogbone
3.) paint correction on rock chips done!
4.) Opti-coatdone!

Strongly considering
1.) upgraded pads/rotors/brake lines/fluid
2.) Haldex upgrade (hopefully flash will be available)
3.) euro cup holder/Underseat drawers done!
4.) Endlinks for front sways
5.) 034 engine/tranny mounts

In danger of becoming a late night drunken purchase:
1.) APR mobile what was I thinking... This is off the table.

Also, I think I am just going to install the FSD's/VWR springs/034 strut mounts. I'll need to find out what bolts I needs for this and also get new bearings.done!

So I did most of what I intended on doing without much extra besides the euro-cup holder. I'm still on the fence about the HPA dogbone so I never pulled the trigger. Another thing I did was have a new clear bra put on... The old one was nasty with fossilized bug guts lol.

So, about the dogbone... I'm now torn about it. I'm considering the VF Engineering one and can't decide.

All the other stuff I mentioned is still on the table. Probably fun stuff for me to do next spring as I tend to focus on skiing in the winter.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
That is pretty impressive, Dude. Usually when I make mod lists like that it changes a bunch of times.

You don't want to see what my Cobro list looks like....

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I have been getting a hatch rattle that has been getting progressively worse over time. It's not from going over bumps but happens when I am in low RPM. I finally decided to get back there and tinker around. I did 3 things:
1.) Tightened the screws in the hatch handles. They were really loose an most likely the culprit.
2.) moved the bump stops in the jams out a few knotches.
3.) Added foam strips under the hatch cover for good measure.

Rattles gone! I'll try to post pics later.

Rottie

Saturday morning. We leave 9ish and head to Barley Creek brewery near camelback mt. Car show and beers = winning at life.

Here's more info:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81707

well poop.......I am busy with baby prep things on sat...for the life of me I thought this thing was on Sunday, either way, you are going to have a WONDERFUL weekend for it! I am going to try and get away for a few hours Sunday morn for C&C:paddle:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Funny you mention the intake... Looking in there I noticed that it cracked near the welds for the screw that attaches to the engine.