GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

mattyICED

Ready to race!
It's a temporary bandaid for logging. They had it laying around the shop and put it on. I won't be relying on a MBC once a tune is put in. It's just to see how the turbo reacts with the APR software. Since the wastegate spring is different from what the APR software is used to controlling a MBC was the only way to set boost levels. If I had to rely on a BC I'd opt for a EBC anyways. I still feel EBC like HKS EVC held the wastegate closed better till full boost with no spikes.

I figured that much... BTW Couple in car videos wouldn't hurt either ;). I've heard the F23 has a loud spool :D

Avant

Ready to race!
:bellyroll:

lamb110

Go Kart Champion

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I figured that much... BTW Couple in car videos wouldn't hurt either ;). I've heard the F23 has a loud spool :D

I hope that's true!! :drool: I was a bit disappointed when I heard a ko4. Thought it'd much louder with the turbo muffler removed.

I cannot wait to see what this thing can do. If I switch I hope my drop in disk holds up...

s word

Ready to race!
Thanks for taking the plunge Rotary. You are local so I hope to see or ride in this soon. May be worth trading in the K04.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I think as soon as the programs for this are out, this turbo will be a no brainier for anyone coming from stage 1, 2, or stock. Cheaper than ko4, more powerful than ko4 already! And they're not even trying yet.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
So did some logging today. Played with boost and wastegate actuator. Lots of 3rd gear passes. Updates back in first two posts.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
So did some logging today. Played with boost and wastegate actuator. Lots of 3rd gear passes. Updates back in first two posts.

Good work with the logs. Looking forward to seeing the first dyno pass. :thumbsup:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
sub'dd