GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
This.

Custom tunes from anyone costs custom dollars. For big turbo there is huge power benifits so dollars to power is well worth it IMO. For this you gain 10-15% over regular ko4. Z can tell you he has over 2 k invested in his tune on his EFR. so things are mot quite as cheap as they first look. Also, know this after the 3 renditions of my build (on of which is back up for sale, baby on the way).

I do like the hybrid idea 350whp all day, but you can get that with a ko4 with a w/m file. You are also closing in on BT prices when all done.

just my 2cents

the new FFE build is up for sale?

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Any flutter/compressor surge when running when running 25+ psi? My k04 surges like a mofo at those boost levels.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Any flutter/compressor surge when running when running 25+ psi? My k04 surges like a mofo at those boost levels.

I can't give an answer on that right now. I'm not running any boost control except the actuator pressure itself. MBC was taken off since it will be off when tuned.

I'm still in MacGyver mode right now.

Before I had the high boost issues w/ MBC my 3rd gear passes I was not getting flutter but again....not a good test.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
I can't give an answer on that right now. I'm not running any boost control except the actuator pressure itself. MBC was taken off since it will be off when tuned.

I'm still in MacGyver mode right now.

Before I had the high boost issues w/ MBC my 3rd gear passes I was not getting flutter but again....not a good test.

so right now your just running off the APR Tune no mbc?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
so right now your just running off the APR Tune no mbc?

Correct. APR K04 tune. No N75. No MBC. Like I said MacGyver mode. Throwing the car on the Dyno did show that the APR can fuel the F23T. Boost control of course is a completely different thing.

Depending on status of tuning Monday I'll set the Actuator preload down and maybe throw on a MBC and run more tests.

I'm hoping that I won't have to and I'll get some good news Monday about getting things running in a normal fashion.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Care to elaborate ??:D

Well right now with the options available Eurodyne is going to be put on the car for more testing.

Tuesday the actuator gets put back to it's 13-14 lb "stock" position and the software gets put on.

I'm still not sure how the car will run or how much will have to be tweaked but hoping to put the car on the dyno again Tuesday.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Well right now with the options available Eurodyne is going to be put on the car for more testing.

Tuesday the actuator gets put back to it's 13-14 lb "stock" position and the software gets put on.

I'm still not sure how the car will run or how much will have to be tweaked but hoping to put the car on the dyno again Tuesday.

Nice Eurodyne is the way to go IMO with the F23T

oehawks3

Ready to race!
Nope. Had some issues that will probably help most people in the long run. Nothing to do with turbo or the actual tunes more trying to get the tune on a already pre tuned ECU. Things are being worked out....bleh.

I might have missed it, but how is this priced compared to the K04?