GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Once you receive your Eurodyne suite, I would suggest dialing back on the wastegate actuator. Ideally, you do not want it to hold a lot more tension than what the Wastegate Actuator was shipped with as its 'base pressure'.

The tighter you make it, the more control gets removed from the ECU and your ability to have a real limp mode or component protection is no longer available. Being that this appears like it'll be ran with WMI, I'd suggest setting it so that if you're meth failed the ECU can cut boost and if the wastegate cracking pressure can create 300whp+ that is not possible.

Just a suggestion from an observer.

Already done. Waste gate was turned down to close to its base pressure. It's about 15 psi right now.

The 307 whp was at 23-25 peak psi. I don't have plans to run w/m, the tune is strong on 91 oct for daily driving.

Chris Tapp over at Eurodyne was helping tweak the tune. It went back and forth a few times to get the car where it is now. I'm sure there is more tweaking that can be done but I'm going to drive the car for a while and take things from there.

I got my 300+ on 91 oct which I always wanted. Plus if I really wanted I could throw the car on a Dynojet or Dynapak and show even higher "whp" numbers. But I kept all testing on the same Dyno Dynamics set up to see what my actual gains would be.

Volkska

Awesome thread! Thanks for taking one for the team! I often considered FT because I like to support smaller company's. However buying APR is a nice peace of mind. Looking forward to seeing this unfold!

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
FLAG ON THE PLAY!

Late today when I was picking up the car an interesting phone call came in to the shop. Car is now back there overnight yet again. Tomorrow is going to be full of surprises. Finally what a lot of people have been waiting for!?

Last edited:

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
FLAG ON THE PLAY!

Late today when I was picking up the car an interesting phone call came in to the shop. Car is now back there overnight yet again. Tomorrow is going to be full of surprises. Finally what a lot of people have been waiting for!?

Uni or GIAC tune?!?!?!

Gray6

Ready to race!
FLAG ON THE PLAY!

Late today when I was picking up the car an interesting phone call came in to the shop. Car is now back there overnight yet again. Tomorrow is going to be full of surprises. Finally what a lot of people have been waiting for!

I like the way this sounds!

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
FLAG ON THE PLAY!

Oops, never mind. Ninja post there. Lol

Last edited:

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
People are going to shit about your car once big SoCal is over I just got done taking many pics of it :)