GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GFB DV+ Diverter Valve Kit - anyone has this setup, mang?

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Just a heads-up for anyone driving a Golf R, I got the following e-mail from Go Fast Bits overnight, following up on my order:So this part will not currently work on a modified Golf R -- I assume that means one with a upgraded turbo.

I cant see how it works with the stcok R vs not stock, as long as the diverter housing is the same then the valve is the same. Thus it fits.

It is possible they are making one that fits a larger custom housing for more flow, this would be cool.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
So that means a GTI w/ K04 should be okay correct?

:mad0259: dud I hope so, just ordered 2pc. One for my K04 upgrade and one to a friend with Audi S3.

I wounded what the benefit of a larger pistion are? Better Controll?

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
GFB is really widely known in Australia. They specialize in BOV's DV's etc. Any of you watch Mighty car mods ever on youtube? They mention them a GAZILLION times

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
This probably will start leaking and have torn O-rings like Forge's spacer...no?

you think so? i mean this isn't like forge's where it's just BOV for the sound but actually upgrading the stock DV. if its going to have any leaks or torn o-rings, we have to wait and see after continual use.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
So i asked GFB if they would do a group buy and this was what i was told

"Hi Aubrey,
Sorry but we cannot offer group buys. We only sell at RRP as a service as we cannot undercut our distributors/dealers. We are releasing a Golf R specific valve in about two weeks for the reasons as below;

We have been busy here at GFB addressing the issue of a small handful of customers who appear to be having some issues with our new DV+ leaking in their vehicles specifically the Golf R. This has apparently only been an issue with VAG vehicles fitted with the remote mounted factory diverter valve, where they have been experiencing a fluttering/ leaking sound under load at mid RPM since the fitment of their DV+. As it is a concern for any of our GFB products to have issues, we have promptly looked further into this.

The DV+ was primarily designed for direct fitment to VAG vehicles which had the factory diverter valve mounted directly on the turbocharger compressor cover. However since the pre-release of this product, we have also found direct fitment to vehicles with the remote mounted diverter valve using the same part. This fitment has never until now been an issue for us, since the vehicles which we have tested them on have been fairly standard/mildly modified VW Golf R’s.

It appears that the factory remote diverter valve mounting block runs a larger diameter inlet bore than the turbocharger compressor mounted models. This is a concern as it actually plays a huge part in the valve area ratio of the forces acting on the DV+ piston. Although it is not a problem on all of these vehicles, this is still not acceptable. We have seen factory mounting block diameters ranging anywhere from 18.8mm to 19.7mm, so there clearly is a tolerance issue on the factory part which we must work with. Essentially, what is happening in the practice is these remote mounted units are only just partially trying to open the DV+ piston due to the incorrect piston/face area ratio. This is only with higher than stock boost levels. Still not acceptable.

Our solution: We have nearly completed an almost identical design DV+, but using a larger piston diameter. This will completely eliminate any issues, and ensure 100% fitment on every vehicle remote mounted diverter valve. These New DV+ replacements are approximately two weeks from being available. The current DV+ will continue production unchanged for all VAG vehicles fitted with direct turbocharger mounted diverter valves."

Cheers,

Gunda Adrian

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
So i asked GFB if they would do a group buy and this was what i was told

"Hi Aubrey,
Sorry but we cannot offer group buys. We only sell at RRP as a service as we cannot undercut our distributors/dealers. We are releasing a Golf R specific valve in about two weeks for the reasons as below;

We have been busy here at GFB addressing the issue of a small handful of customers who appear to be having some issues with our new DV+ leaking in their vehicles specifically the Golf R. This has apparently only been an issue with VAG vehicles fitted with the remote mounted factory diverter valve, where they have been experiencing a fluttering/ leaking sound under load at mid RPM since the fitment of their DV+. As it is a concern for any of our GFB products to have issues, we have promptly looked further into this.

The DV+ was primarily designed for direct fitment to VAG vehicles which had the factory diverter valve mounted directly on the turbocharger compressor cover. However since the pre-release of this product, we have also found direct fitment to vehicles with the remote mounted diverter valve using the same part. This fitment has never until now been an issue for us, since the vehicles which we have tested them on have been fairly standard/mildly modified VW Golf R’s.

It appears that the factory remote diverter valve mounting block runs a larger diameter inlet bore than the turbocharger compressor mounted models. This is a concern as it actually plays a huge part in the valve area ratio of the forces acting on the DV+ piston. Although it is not a problem on all of these vehicles, this is still not acceptable. We have seen factory mounting block diameters ranging anywhere from 18.8mm to 19.7mm, so there clearly is a tolerance issue on the factory part which we must work with. Essentially, what is happening in the practice is these remote mounted units are only just partially trying to open the DV+ piston due to the incorrect piston/face area ratio. This is only with higher than stock boost levels. Still not acceptable.

Our solution: We have nearly completed an almost identical design DV+, but using a larger piston diameter. This will completely eliminate any issues, and ensure 100% fitment on every vehicle remote mounted diverter valve. These New DV+ replacements are approximately two weeks from being available. The current DV+ will continue production unchanged for all VAG vehicles fitted with direct turbocharger mounted diverter valves."

Cheers,

Gunda Adrian

so what i'm gathering from this is is.... if you are keeping the DV in the stock location then the current DV+ is perfect, but if you're running a DV relocate then you'll want to wait for the new DV+ that will be out in 2 weeks. i'm actually surprised they don't just release their own DV relocate adapter then they wouldn't need to release a new DV+ right? That brings up my question if one gets the new DV+ would it still work well with the stock location (like I'll be doing my DV relocate later).

Last edited:

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Well I received notification mine shipped, I should have it by Wednesday.

I'm running an atp DV adapter which looks like it runs similar inlet bore to stock so ill post results.....

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to check in since I saw this thread going. See a bunch of you guys are looking to capitalize on the Go Fast Bits DV and were bummed you couldn't find any discounts elsewhere.

Just a heads up but we do offer forum discounts to members here. You can take 5% off any order with code "GolfMK6Forum".

If you have any questions you can always drop us an email at support@moddedeuros.com

Sean