GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much are you willing to spend on wheels alone for your car?

How much are you willing to spend on just wheels?

• Total voters

mk6gti!

Passed Driver's Ed
how much have you, or are willing to spend on wheels?
just curious because my limit is 3k for wheels alone. i like forged :)
it can be new or used

this is WITHOUT tires. just wheels alone.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I've done that before... and I'll never do it again, lol.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I've had two sets of forged wheels, and another set that just were "expensive" because they were trendy - Advans.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
$2200 is my breaking point. Anything above that is hard for me to pull the trigger on because I'll be at or over 3k with tires and mounting.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Below $1500 for me....Something like Enkei Racing is probably the best in terms of value to performance....

Though going used like I did opens up your option quite a bit...otherwise I'd never be able to afford(or really, willing to spend 3k on a set of wheels for a $25k car) a set of Volk....

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
I can't spend anything, the money will not leave my hands. That and living in Michigan I am 100% certain I'd shatter a wheel the first drive on an ungodly pothole.

McQueen77

Banned
I voted none. Ive come to peace with the detroits and have gotten enough random compliments on them to feel ok with them. Plus they are sturdy as hell over these terrible la roads, and the only wheels i love enough to go to the trouble are the vmr and thats too rich for my blood.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
What ever your budget may be it pays big to buy used... I guess that might be true with many things in life

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Yep...going to be selling my Volk RE30 soon....It'll be a good deal for someone.

How soon and how good of a deal are you talking? :D

I might be making a road trip to so cal in the next couple weeks or so.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I voted none. Ive come to peace with the detroits and have gotten enough random compliments on them to feel ok with them. Plus they are sturdy as hell over these terrible la roads, and the only wheels i love enough to go to the trouble are the vmr and thats too rich for my blood.

VMRs are expensive? :iono:

Rcraig84

Ready to race!
Everyone has their own priorities.

I'd rather throw money at expensive wheels & expensive tires rather than spend $700 on LED tail lights. But only if the result performs better than what I started with (i.e., not buying for looks).

This. Looks are great but if I'm spending serious $$ I want to get some performance out of it.