GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Gonna be watching this one. An accusump is in my list of parts to do eventually so it'll be good to see how others have tackled it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
good to see you might make it out this year dude!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Gonna be watching this one. An accusump is in my list of parts to do eventually so it'll be good to see how others have tackled it.
I'll post updates. I'll say it's confusing and they don't really give good instructions for anything. Then the fittings they supplied in their install kit don't fit my sandwich plate. They use a combo of NPT and AN fittings which confuses things further. I don't know where to put the check valve either. I started mocking everything up last night to prepare for installing this weekend and noticed all this. Install won't likely happen this weekend as I'm on the hunt for the right fittings now.
good to see you might make it out this year dude!
Oh I plan on many track days this year

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'll post updates. I'll say it's confusing and they don't really give good instructions for anything. Then the fittings they supplied in their install kit don't fit my sandwich plate. They use a combo of NPT and AN fittings which confuses things further. I don't know where to put the check valve either. I started mocking everything up last night to prepare for installing this weekend and noticed all this. Install won't likely happen this weekend as I'm on the hunt for the right fittings now.

Oh I plan on many track days this year
Well that sounds fun. Luckily I have them nearby for possible help and also zef has his APR one setup that I may hopefully be able to take a peek at when the time comes to get an idea.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Are you running any cooling for the brakes? I have the RS3 ducts but they are >90 degrees to the brakes and I don't think they really do much.

jay745

Are you running any cooling for the brakes? I have the RS3 ducts but they are >90 degrees to the brakes and I don't think they really do much.
Not currently. I have some loose plans of deleting my fog lights and using that inlet for an air shroud then mocking up a duct using some sheet metal and the mounting screws that the dust shields use but I haven't completed it yet. Need some help on the fabrication side.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I'm more worried about getting the hoses routed from the grill to to the brakes without interfering with the wheels and suspension. I can fab up the backing plates.

Not currently. I have some loose plans of deleting my fog lights and using that inlet for an air shroud then mocking up a duct using some sheet metal and the mounting screws that the dust shields use but I haven't completed it yet. Need some help on the fabrication side.

jay745

Updates:

Spent some time on the car this past week and got it back together. Noticed my tyrolsport radiator is leaking which I'm not happy about. Checked my timing chain stretch and I'm at 3.5 degrees, going to be ordering everything to replace the chains and guides etc.

Hooked the oil cooler back up without the accusump because I still can't figure out where I can mount it and I just wanted to drive the car. I realized I can use a 1.8t oil filter with the sandwich plate instead of wrestling the adapter out of an oem filter.

Last year one of my city lights bulbs fell into the housing of the headlight. Yesterday I used two magnets to get it out, one magnet outside the lens to position it, and a second inside the hole of the lightbulb. Came out relatively easy, I thought it was going to be much more difficult than it was.

Got my bumper back on and went for a drive, the radiator leak isn't "too" bad so I'll just monitor it for now and keep some distilled water with me just in case before I can get it repaired. I'm going to be replacing all my meth lines with AN lines because those push fittings are crap and all end up leaking after a while.
20200524_143309.jpg

IMG_20200524_221049_699.jpg

I always forget to put gloves on :(
IMG_20200524_221049_698.jpg

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Is there any room behind passenger side fender liner and the cabin to mount accusump?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
hmm I'm not sure but my first thought it most likely not, the unit is fairly large. I think it has to go somewhere in the cabin behind the seats or in the trunk.

If it were me, would not want it in trunk or cabin. Also I would have custom lines made as opposed to the ones you put together that typically come with kits like this or turbo kits (leaky). I would probably relocate battery to trunk and put accusump underhood where OEM battery goes there if no other space available.

jay745

If it were me, would not want it in trunk or cabin. Also I would have custom lines made as opposed to the ones you put together that typically come with kits like this or turbo kits (leaky). I would probably relocate battery to trunk and put accusump underhood where OEM battery goes there if no other space available.
Putting it in the battery location and relocating the battery was my first plan, then I realized it doen't fit with my unitronic intake. I have to get a straight style intake to do that. With the timing chains needed and now this leaking radiator, I might just sell the accusump to pay for that stuff. The timing chains and everything needed is going to be around $700 with me doing the labor myself. I already have the cam lock and all the specialty tools so that's covered at least. A friend of mine is recommending gen 3 guides which seem to hold the chains better. I haven't heard many doing that but the design does look a little better than the gen 1 and 2 guides. Here's a photo side by side.
received_269111441133044.jpeg

received_289794512187702.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
Had a bunch of burnt out bulbs..replaced my fog lights with yellow hella h8's and the crap deautokey city lights with $8 Sylvania 194 LEDs. Error free and brighter than deautokey, not to mention a fraction of the price.
How are they? I've got Nokya 2500K Hyper Yellows in my fogs and I'm pleased with them.