GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JT's "Project Autobahn"

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Nice work so far. You seem to be thinking the order of your mods through very well... looks like the next step is a bigger turbo:D

cr4z

Awesome build man!

How do you like that SB clutch as your daily? I am thinking about going stage 2/3 in the next 12 months and will eventually have to get a new clutch and only want to have to do it once (future proof it).

haylo75

Ready to race!
If you're looking for a SS other than the Euro SS, which I believe you had at one point, take a look at DieselGeek. A friend who's a VW tech owns one and raves about it. I've tested it out, and it's now on my short list of mods. If you desire zero slop, positive action, check it out.

I take no responsibility for autocorrect.

haylo75

Ready to race!
Yes, side to side action is tighter as well. I took a good look at the hardware as installed on my friend's car. In terms of quality it's something you'd expect from the likes of SPM. They're very easy to install, so if the shop can't get one in time it's an easy DIY.

haylo75

Ready to race!
I don't have exact numbers. Good question for DieselGeek themselves. The bigger benefit for me is elimination of slop. If you've already got 42DD bushings, perhaps you're most of the way there. That said, my Euro SS has much longer throws than the DieselGeek.

haylo75

Ready to race!
It's noticeable, about an inch fore/aft IIRC. Side to side was perhaps a bit less but still noticeable. 2nd to 3rd felt so much better though.

haylo75

Ready to race!
Just ordered it and it will be going out in the next 30 minutes, Talked to jim over there at diesel geek very helpful {snip}

My biggest issue with my current shifter is the reach is to much, Guess my arms shorter than the average person.
That's great! I think you'll really like the DieselGeek. I'd like to hear what you think after you get it installed. I'd have one already, but my discretionary funds are going elsewhere for now.

I have somewhat long arms, and I think the throw is too long as well.

William625

Interesting how your car was 24" ftg stock. Seems like all other GTI's i've read about check in at 26" FTG, then around 25-25.5" FTG after dg springs.

FinallygotmyGTI

Ready to race!
I absolutely love this build thread. There is so much info in here and lots of things I've been considering doing to by 2 week old car :)

I'm also glad you talked about 034 and Precision motorworks. I was going to have 034 do all the work that I can't do by now I'm thinking I'll go with precision. They are right down by my work so if they can turn things around same day that would be awesome.

Thanks for putting up all this info/reviews/experience. I really can't wait to make it to a meet and see this beast in person

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
From your first dyno run to the second one, you did plugs, coilpacks, IC, and clutch. Which would you contribute the most to that ~35hp boost?

Also, was this on the same dyno or different? mustang dyno?

FinallygotmyGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks:thumbsup: Got a member from down your way that's coming to the Meet for the 2nd time colslaw87 So you could always drive up together when you come up.

Sorry to hijack a little but I just went over to Precision today and had a chat with the service manager there. What an awesome shop! I can't wait until APR has their summer sale so I can have them do my stage 1 tune.