GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
So probly a question that's been asked before.

The DRLs are the high beams correct? If I code my fogs as DRLs will I have issues with high beams working? And will the US switch work correctly in regards to turning on the fogs.

Getting some coding done this week so I was curious before I go messing with it.

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG
APR Carbonio Stg1 intake | 42 DD Downpipe | Magnaflow CBE | R8 Coil Packs | PFR7B Spark Plugs | APR Stage 2 ECU Tune

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
So probly a question that's been asked before.

The DRLs are the high beams correct? If I code my fogs as DRLs will I have issues with high beams working? And will the US switch work correctly in regards to turning on the fogs.

Getting some coding done this week so I was curious before I go messing with it.

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG
APR Carbonio Stg1 intake | 42 DD Downpipe | Magnaflow CBE | R8 Coil Packs | PFR7B Spark Plugs | APR Stage 2 ECU Tune
IIRC it's just the low beams at 50%. You should have no problem with the high beams if you code DRLs as fogs. It should work fine, even with the US switch.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
IIRC it's just the low beams at 50%. You should have no problem with the high beams if you code DRLs as fogs. It should work fine, even with the US switch.
No, The high beams and the DRL are the same exact bulb. Its a dual filament bulb that can run at high or low wattage. I have no clue if it will cause issues or not.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
No, The high beams and the DRL are the same exact bulb. Its a dual filament bulb that can run at high or low wattage. I have no clue if it will cause issues or not.
Oops my bad, I thought he was talking about xenons. It still shouldn't cause any problems though. I'm pet sit others have done it on here and haven't had any issues.

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahh ok. Makes sense. Forgot about the dual filiment. Much appreciated.

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG

Timo

Ready to race!
From research I've done, there are multiple ways of getting power folding mirrors with key. Listed below...

1) You can buy a second additional module (aftermarket and not OEM) that you solder into the first module in the door. This is an aftermarket solution that will automatically close and open the mirrors using only the key.

2) I've read other VW Group vehicles (Seat Leon) came with the modules where the feature was all ready programmed in and people bought those modules to replace their current modules. With these modules...mirrors close automatically with the key but they open once the ignition is turned on (not when you unlock the car)

3) EU Modules programmed via Vagcom...Mirrors close automatically with the key but open once the driver's door is opened (not when you unlock the car)

Choice #3 is what I'm trying to do...I'll keep you posted/send you a PM once I receive the mirrors and install them. I'm sure it can be done...it's all about finding the right menu in vagcom

Did you end up figuring this out? I would love to know how to use the key for the mirrors.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Did you end up figuring this out? I would love to know how to use the key for the mirrors.

Nope...I need the security access code for [09] cen. elec. and I can go from there based on info I gathered from vwvortex gti vii forum

PublicEnemy

My couch pulls out.I dont
I previously had a MKV GTI Package 0 and I was able to VAG-COM tweak a couple things I haven't seen listed. Does anyone know if it's possible to do the following?

1) Turn off chime when key is in the ignition/lights on and door is open? (essentially the car has no chimes assuming seatbelt chime has been muted)
2) Auto turn headlights on when I unlock the car (stay on for 90 seconds)
3) Auto turn headlights off after ignition is off / car is locked (turn off after 90 seconds).

All three of these were performed on my MKV. Can my MKVI have these done?

Thanks!

CrzyP

Ready to race!
The other day I saw a MK6 GTI with the pulsing third brake light under normal braking conditions. I know about the hard braking light tweaks but never saw anything about normal braking.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
The other day I saw a MK6 GTI with the pulsing third brake light under normal braking conditions. I know about the hard braking light tweaks but never saw anything about normal braking.
pulsing third brake light is just a safety feature. i see it on a lot of newer cars. it can be turned on via vagcom. im 99% sure it's under central electronics

the hard braking one will flash your hazards