GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I previously had a MKV GTI Package 0 and I was able to VAG-COM tweak a couple things I haven't seen listed. Does anyone know if it's possible to do the following?

1) Turn off chime when key is in the ignition/lights on and door is open? (essentially the car has no chimes assuming seatbelt chime has been muted)
2) Auto turn headlights on when I unlock the car (stay on for 90 seconds)
3) Auto turn headlights off after ignition is off / car is locked (turn off after 90 seconds).

All three of these were performed on my MKV. Can my MKVI have these done?

Thanks!

1) Changing the cluster to ROW does that I think.

2) You need a RLS (Rain Light Sensor) for that to work automatically on MK6s. Look up Leaving Home.

3) If you are referring to Coming Home where the lights remain on after you turn the car off for a certain amount of time, then you also need a RLS to do that automatically. You can VAG-COM it to do it manually by flashing the brights when you exit the vehicle. Or do you mean where the headlights will turn off automatically when you turn the car off?

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
unlock timer

Anybody know if there is a tweak to extend the amount of time the car will stay unlocked after unlocking it before I open any doors. I think its like 10 or 15 seconds now. I would like about 30 seconds, maybe more.
I have a 2014 GTI Drivers Edition.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Anyone interested in an extra screen on your MFD?

goose1

Ready to race!
Is that telling you how much fuel you have to fill up?

sent via carrier potato

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Anyone interested in an extra screen on your MFD?

Yes!! Do share!

Also, any way with vcds (or other means) to reduce the time MFI and other headings stays on after switching the menus? With dsg in manual mode it disables the gear selection display and the heading stays on far far too long and can be quite an issue at the wrong times.

phant0m

Ready to race!
Yes!! Do share!

Also, any way with vcds (or other means) to reduce the time MFI and other headings stays on after switching the menus? With dsg in manual mode it disables the gear selection display and the head in stays on far far too long and can be quite an issue at the wrong times.
Yes, I hate the fact that when I shift to "manual" mode, sometimes it takes forever for the gear indicator to show up. Very annoying!!!

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 with Tapatalk

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yep. I don't know how the VW product control people would allow something that fundamentally flawed be released and then not even address or fix it over the many years after.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Is that telling you how much fuel you have to fill up?

sent via carrier potato

Yes!! Do share!

Also, any way with vcds (or other means) to reduce the time MFI and other headings stays on after switching the menus? With dsg in manual mode it disables the gear selection display and the heading stays on far far too long and can be quite an issue at the wrong times.

Yup - it's how much fuel you have to fill up to full. Seems get the low-fuel indicator at about 40-45L left.

I'm not too sure if that reduction in time can be altered.

I'll post up some screenshots later tonight when I have a chance to hook up VCDS.

MAL

@zvp : Nice find!

Andrew429

Ready to race!
I didn't see it posted anywhere so I'll post it here.

How to disable the DRL indicator in the cluster(even when the DRLs are on)

09: Cent. Conv
Coding
Long Coding Helper
Byte 26
Uncheck Bit 5
Profit :happyanim:

what is the start/ stop function??

zrickety

The Fixer
For hyper milers? I can't imagine our starters support that but someone should try.

goose1

Ready to race!
I'm fairly sure that won't even save with long coding bit don't quote me on that

sent via carrier potato