GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New TSI Intake Manifold? [Pics]

VolksandRings

Here is the Stock output of the 2006 Jetta 2.0T as of this morning. The intake manifold will be installed today along with the flapper delete file and intake. The intake manifold and flapper delete file dyno should be by tomorrow afternoon

VolkyCakes

I'll believe it when I see the graph, find it hard to belive vw left 12hp on the table with just an intake manifold. Also I'm well into the 5s with a factory one.

Lol, why do you find that hard to believe?

Volkswagen doesn't want to squeeze every bit of power from it's cars, Stage I is proof of this.

They make engine hardware to be as universally adaptive to their range of engines as can be in turn reducing costs and increasing profit.

Jack14

Ready to race!
$1400? And ill need a tune? Thats um... expensive.

Here is the Stock output of the 2006 Jetta 2.0T as of this morning. The intake manifold will be installed today along with the flapper delete file and intake. The intake manifold and flapper delete file dyno should be by tomorrow afternoon

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to see more data... If it's compelling, I would still need to see it working on a unitronic tune for TSI before I can decide to buy it and I think it would make sense for you guys too if you want to sell more. Also no one will ever buy this if they are stock, it's simply not worth it.. I guess K04 guys who wants the last bit of extra power to reach the OEM engine limits will be a good target market. Or BT guys who buys anyting that makes their car even faster :drool:

Unitronic is the best choice as no one use Malone except TDIs, APR won't do custom tune and they are working on a similar products, let alone their fanatics customers and GIAC is rather slow working on things...of and Revo, anyone still using them?

bengone1

For people debating (bench racing) the cost per HP. A manifold like this is for people with high boost, direct port Meth, nitrous or show guys that want the fanciest bits.

I can see the reason for dyno and logging to refine the tune but what do you hope to see? Volks & Rings has brought me a couple of these cars to get tuned. I would be the guy with all the log files but none are direct before and after which makes anything I have anecdotal.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
For people debating (bench racing) the cost per HP. A manifold like this is for people with high boost, direct port Meth, nitrous or show guys that want the fanciest bits.

I can see the reason for dyno and logging to refine the tune but what do you hope to see? Volks & Rings has brought me a couple of these cars to get tuned. I would be the guy with all the log files but none are direct before and after which makes anything I have anecdotal.

Who the hell are you?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Who the hell are you?

lol.

For what it's worth, APR and Integrated Engineering have manifolds in development and may be out by Waterfest 2014. Howie at HEPerformance has an aluminum intake manifold and now this manifold discussed here.

No one has offered up a tune yet for these aftermarket TSI intake manifolds (flapper delete or not). I have a feeling APR may be the first to provide a file for their upcoming intake manifolds and heads.