GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Hey John, is there any chance of having a file that deletes the G611 radiator ozone sensor?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

No, sorry. Does your intercooler upgrade not offer compatibility with this sensor?

Are there any custom maps for the 2012 MK6 Stage 1+ with a full carbonio intake? I want to make sure my shop has everything needed.

And are there foreseeable Spring sales approaching?

Thank you!

No. Custom mapping is not required with the addition of an intake.

I'm confused by this because when I go to the Unitronic website for the 2012 GTI, Stage 1+ the description states stage 2 280HP / 325LB-TQ. The dyno graph states 264HP / 292LB-TQ.

I must be missing something... Can you help me understand that differences? I'm guessing the description is stating the increases at the crank, and the graph shows the increases at the wheels?

The dyno graphs are measuring output at the hubs. (via a Dynapack hub dyno)

One shows crank and one shows at the wheels. Fine print should be somewhere on the charts I believe.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Yes, the graph lists "...at the hubs" on the Y axis label.

chris28house

Ready to race!
Correct. The lower numbers are whp

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

Edit: John answered above. I didn't see his response before I posted.

Last edited:

chris28house

Ready to race!
1+ needs 93 I thought? Or an intake. I forget

Uni Stage 2 | SPM DP | Magnaflow CB | S3 IC | 034 Mounts | HPA Red Puck | FX350 Kit | BSH Intake | Rev D DV | DG SS | Driver mod ?

93 octane is needed per the website, but I don't believe the intake is a requirement.

goose1

Ready to race!
No, sorry. Does your intercooler upgrade not offer compatibility with this sensor?
Nah just curious as I've seen a few of them short out, I'm installing a true front mount whenever I have time, my sensor shorted out as well but I was lucky enough to find a new in box sensor.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
hey John, question about uniconnect+

do you know if anyone has successfully used a virtual machine (like virtualbox or parallels) running windows, on mac running OSX to flash a car?

i've used virtualbox and vagcom to code my car and it works.

thanks.

goose1

Ready to race!

do you know if anyone has successfully used a virtual machine (like virtualbox or parallels) running windows, on mac running OSX to flash a car?

thanks.

why not pick up a super cheap windows tablet, mine was something like $80, runs windows 10, and was good enough to do vagcom and tune with Uniconnect

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

thanks.

I wouldn't recommend using VMWare, VirtualBox, or Parallels for an ECU reflash. Shoot me an email for more detailed explanation and some alternatives to the above; john [at] unitronic [dot] ca.

goose1

Ready to race!
The tablet I ordered isn't on Amazon right now but here is a screenshot of my order, ignore the headphones.
It didn't have full sized USB but a micro USB to female USB adapter makes it a non issue

robertschultz1

Ready to race!
John,

Finally got home to mess around with my UniConnect+ that I ordered a few months ago. Where can I go to purchase DSG Software and upload it via UniConnect+?

I notice it does not show up on my account on the website. It only shows ECU upgrades. Do I have to get it flashed at a dealer for the DSG software?

Last edited:

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
John,

Finally got home to mess around with my UniConnect+ that I ordered a few months ago. Where can I go to purchase DSG Software and upload it via UniConnect+?

I notice it does not show up on my provide on the website. It only shows ECU upgrades. Do I have to get it flashed at a dealer for the DSG software?
I think you just have to buy it using your uniconnect account that you made and it should show up on uniconnect when reloaded. I know you can buy tunes from modded euros. Maybe you order the tune and then they ask for your account info, and voilà ?

adamnapes

Passed Driver's Ed
John I sent you an email and am interested in capability with Uniconnect+ and tablets. I'm a mac user as well but am thinking of doing some sort of tablet install to be compatible. I noticed the 4gig ram requirement. Anybody running a lesser machine successfully. I would much rather spend $100 on a tablet vs $300-400.

goose1

Ready to race!
See my last post here, $60 Windows 10 tablet working flawlessly with Uniconnect

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John,

I notice it does not show up on my account on the website. It only shows ECU upgrades. Do I have to get it flashed at a dealer for the DSG software?

Unfortunately DQ250 Exx, Fxx, and Cxx are not currently supported with UC+ at the moment. It will be in the future. Unfortunately I don't know when precisely, and would prefer not to begin approximations, but it's a priority for sure.

Once it is supported, it will show as an option for you.

John I sent you an email and am interested in capability with Uniconnect+ and tablets. I'm a mac user as well but am thinking of doing some sort of tablet install to be compatible. I noticed the 4gig ram requirement. Anybody running a lesser machine successfully. I would much rather spend $100 on a tablet vs $300-400.

I'd strongly recommend following the recommended system specifications, but the minimums are there for a minimum reference. Using Win8/8.1/10 in general, with poor hardware specifications, is rather frustrating from my experience/in my opinion/ [read: slow]

TL;DR - I'd recommend investing into a machine that isn't the bottom of the options in terms of hardware specifications to ensure you're experience is as positive as possible.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
I think you just have to buy it using your uniconnect account that you made and it should show up on uniconnect when reloaded. I know you can buy tunes from modded euros. Maybe you order the tune and then they ask for your account info, and voilà ?

Which DSG tune do you want?

All tunes are up onsite in the MK6 section
https://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswagen/golf-gti/mk7-2015/tuning

DSG Stage 1
https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/unitronic-stage-1-dsg-upgrade-dq250-mqb

DSG Stage 2
https://www.moddedeuros.com/products/unitronic-stage-2-dsg-upgrade-dq250-mqb