GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo K04 Tune

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
I would be curious as to mean and median numbers on k04 tunes (consolidated or split by tuner) with 100 oct results removed. No reason other than I am a curious fellow.

+1 for informing future buyers! Even if the set is potentially affected in a bunch of different ways (dyno, region, amb. temp, baro pressure, supporting hardware, 3rd vs 4th gear, tire pressure, fuel quality, unsprung weight, drivetrain wear, function smoothing algorithm, etc.), we can at least have some ammo for our arguments.

I'll share my results in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
So do those who have Revo Stage 2 and want to jump to Revo's K04 need to pay full price for the tune? Or is there an upgrade price?

sick12gti

Ready to race!
well that I know of my stage 1 was $500.00 to go to stage 2 is $50.00 and Stage 3 is $100.00 if you have stage 2 but if your like me it's $150.00 b/c I'm still at stage 1

valj

Ready to race!
Everything you guys are saying is very strange

We already have some K04 GTIs and Skoda Octavia VRs running K04 turbos with REVO software here!

The software is available.

Maybe for Europe only?

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Everything you guys are saying is very strange

We already have some K04 GTIs and Skoda Octavia VRs running K04 turbos with REVO software here!

The software is available.

Maybe for Europe only?

Nah they are here to but not as often. There is an ATP 28rs guy around the corner from me running a REVO stg 3. Per FB an official US release of Revo's Ko4 is this weekend.

I still say UNI first choice

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
I read some pretty crazy power claims, but Revo says their K04 does 340ish crank hp on 93. no info on the dyno, supporting mods, stand-alone software availability, etc. i'd bet all that is coming soon though.

From the Eurojet Facebook page:

RevoTechnik-GM

Passed Driver's Ed
In CTSTurbo's thread for their K04 kit, there was some interest in finding out about Revo's Stage 3 K04 tune release. I told everyone I would follow up when I had more information.

I called the Revo US sales office in WV today and found out some useful information. I was told that Revo is releasing their K04 kit this weekend which will include a stage 3 tune. However, that tune will not be available for separate purchase.

Revo says that they have attempted to tune their customer's that have purchased AWE's kit and have had some problems like boost fluttering. The problems were being cause by the diverter valve relocation and something further about an issue with the waste gate (I was too disappointed at this point to still be following the technical hold backs)

Hey guys...just wanted to clear thing us here if we could...

The KO4 software IS ABSOLUTELY available for sale, à la carte, all by itself, without purchasing our entire kit.

That being said, we have competitively priced our system to make it an extraordinary value, dollar per horsepower, complete and turn-key.

The only thing that we ask when purchasing the software separately is that we know whose hardware we are running, and any other details that may be important to guaranteeing total performance.

We have spent a great deal of time testing and tuning our software with our own hardware, but that doesn't mean it won't work if you purchased the proper turbo from another source. What it does mean is that results may vary, and it would be a good idea to speak to one of our representatives first to set your expectations accordingly.

We have been selling software alone for KO4 upgrades, larger Stage 3 turbo upgrades ... and beyond ... since day one. We will not stop doing that because we have released our own kit.

Hope that helps.

For more info, feel free to call or e-mail.

770.271.4726 (dial #1 for sales)
-or-
ussales@revotechnik.com

RevoTechnik-GM

Passed Driver's Ed
In CTSTurbo's thread for their K04 kit, there was some interest in finding out about Revo's Stage 3 K04 tune release. I told everyone I would follow up when I had more information.

I called the Revo US sales office in WV today and found out some useful information. I was told that Revo is releasing their K04 kit this weekend which will include a stage 3 tune. However, that tune will not be available for separate purchase.

Revo says that they have attempted to tune their customer's that have purchased AWE's kit and have had some problems like boost fluttering. The problems were being cause by the diverter valve relocation and something further about an issue with the waste gate (I was too disappointed at this point to still be following the technical hold backs)

Hey guys...just wanted to clear things up here if I could...

The KO4 software IS ABSOLUTELY available for sale, à la carte, all by itself, without purchasing our entire kit.

That being said, we have competitively priced our system to make it an extraordinary value, dollar per horsepower, complete, and turn-key.

The only thing that we ask when purchasing the software separately is that we know whose hardware you are running, and any other details that may be important to guaranteeing total performance.

We have spent a great deal of time testing and tuning our software with our own hardware, but that doesn't mean it won't work if you purchased the proper turbo and supporting items from another source. What it does mean is that results may vary, and it would be a good idea to speak to one of our representatives first to set your expectations accordingly.

We have been selling software alone for KO4 upgrades, larger Stage 3 turbo upgrades ... and beyond ... since day one. We will not stop doing that because we have released our own kit.

Hope that helps.

For more info, feel free to call or e-mail.

770.271.4726 (dial #1 for sales)
-or-
ussales@revotechnik.com