GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
This is not about making the car faster, it's about response time. Electronically actuated valves can be more precisely actuated and react quicker due to the solenoid moving quickly and not relying on heavier springs to move and compress. This does not make the car faster.

The downside is that the solenoids and electronics can of course fail.

Thanks for the info Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowspec

Passed Driver's Ed
I can tell you that on my 2013 DSG the Cobb Stage 2 wasn't the best at part throttle, it would hesitate in first and second gear. Trying to boost for no reason at around 3k rpms. It was still pulling pretty hard at full throttle.

With the Stratified tune the car is now even smoother than stock, that's crazy! It seems to pull stronger than the older APR tune I had on my 2012 too.

If anyone is experiencing hesitation and/or jerkiness with a tune and DSG transmission, try the Stratified tune, it's the best!

I love the crackles too:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUd-8xnFhUY/?taken-by=ilmgti
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUA7jeVFH7B/?taken-by=ilmgti
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUFr_mlGSz/?taken-by=ilmgti

Pretty much exactly what he said. I have DSG as well, the Cobb stage 2 felt good at WOT but all the times youre not at WOT(which is most of the time) the stratified tune feels much much better. Also seeing a little more boost, holding it better, and the car seems to pull just a touch stronger and in a more linear fashion

myslowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the E30 file, I just have yet to run it, I've only been on the 93 file for a few days. When I do switch over I'll be sure to update.

Thanks I'll be waiting. I'm thinking about getting the file as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvix

Just wanted to chime in, and say thanks to this thread and the multitude of reviews online, I've pulled the trigger on the AP + Tune combo. Literally was going to flash APR on memorial weekend but then I stumbled upon this thread and figured it sounded like everything I wanted from a tune.

I'm beyond excited at this point, I had placed the order early yesterday morning hoping to get it before the weekend. Alas, it hasn't shipped yet and now I'm a sad camper. But I guess it gives me time to sulk. Took me awhile before pulling the trigger but I wanted to gather the basic recommended mods:

TBE
Intake
GFB DV+
Lighter wheels + Summer tires

Guess I'll use this time to find an R or S3 intercooler to round off the build. Anyway, I look forward to working with Alex and his team and I'll be sure to stop by after they do their magic.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Has anyone went from a APR Stage 2 v2.4 tune to Stratified's Stage 2 tune? Any thoughts? Feedback on it?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone went from a APR Stage 2 v2.4 tune to Stratified's Stage 2 tune? Any thoughts? Feedback on it?

cant remember who but someone here just made that change and said it was noticeably down on power but felt factory smooth and was way more refined and less jerky than the APR and that was better than the extra 15 or 20 horses

my APR bucks like a snortin bronco I almost wish I had gone the AP route as well but the power is cool

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
cant remember who but someone here just made that change and said it was noticeably down on power but felt factory smooth and was way more refined and less jerky than the APR and that was better than the extra 15 or 20 horses

my APR bucks like a snortin bronco I almost wish I had gone the AP route as well but the power is cool

Interesting, that's pretty much what i expected. My car is a 6MT, after going v2.4 smoothness has been fine. I was hoping there would be some sort of incentive to go the protune route, but it seems at this time there isn't.

jeez

Ready to race!

Didn't know there was such a thing a Stratified Stage 2 tune. What is that? Stratified as far as I know do custom tunes only, not off the shelf. Has that changed?

Also, if anyone is feeling a decrease in power from APR to Stratified, it's the first I've heard of. If it doesn't give you more power, it gives just as much and smoother. Unless something is wrong with the car?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Didn't know there was such a thing a Stratified Stage 2 tune. What is that? Stratified as far as I know do custom tunes only, not off the shelf. Has that changed?

Also, if anyone is feeling a decrease in power from APR to Stratified, it's the first I've heard of. If it doesn't give you more power, it gives just as much and smoother. Unless something is wrong with the car?

he is just referencing what everyone considers stage 2. A downpipe + tune.

jeez

Ready to race!
he is just referencing what everyone considers stage 2. A downpipe + tune.
Oh OK. It was my suspicion but had to make sure [emoji1]. I'd be curious to see APR logs vs Stratified in this case though. By definition a custom tune should be better across the board than an off the shelf tune. Unless the car was e.g. knocking with APR and power had to be lowered or something of the sort...not trying to blindly defend Stratified just honestly curious. My tune was better all over and I believe everyone else's on here. Unless we're talking about the first revisions of Alex's tune, in which lower power maybe part of it just so he can see what's going on. My 0.02.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

I don't feel like I have as much power as I used to, at least in third. I still need to do my MAF calibration and tune refinement though. Hopefully I can find time to log this weekend.

I don't really have the best metrics to go by though. With APR 2.4 I used to see as high as 25 psi requested boost, but I'm not sure I've seen much more than 21 with stratified, so I would assume that means I'm losing some amount of power. I'm also not breaking traction as much as I used to in third gear, but that's not to say she's not pulling strong because I've had to fight the steering wheel to stay straight. It's gotten hotter so maybe that's had something to do with it, along with how much smoother stratified delivers power it just might be more difficult to break the tires loose in third.

Last edited:

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
If I got a catted downpipes and still had a CEL would the flash tune stop it from appearing?

jeez

Ready to race!
I don't feel like I have as much power as I used to, at least in third. I still need to do my MAF calibration and tune refinement though. Hopefully I can find time to log this weekend.
Sorry to hear that man. How many revisions have you gone through till now if I may ask? For my K03 it took 3 revisions to perfection, but I was bone stock. For my K04 I'm currently at the 9th iteration, but I also got IC, DP, TOP, Pulley gradually in between my tunes and halfway through ended up having hesitations which is why it took longer. I also purchased a top up after my last mod. More mods will need more work.

Have you made sure your car is OK hardware wise? Not saying it's, not just trying to think what could be wrong. If you are on your e.g. third iteration, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm on my 9th like I said and have noticed improvements, albeit small sometimes, with each revision. It's just the nature of the game.

And yes, heat is a b****! I'm noticing differences between hot and cold days. On cold days though, you should be better overall vs APR. I've thought about the fact that we're rolling into summer many times... it's a bad time to judge your tune power wise vs a tune you had during winter time and that includes me. Just drive to Alaska.

Last edited: