GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
stupid question time: when it comes to getting a downpipe, with respect to how it will work with this tune... does brand matter? I've tried doing some reading on this but cant find anything that says one way or the other. obviously brand matters with quality of the part but would it have that big of impact on how well the tune works?

Its a pipe that lets air through it. Brand doesnt matter just get one with the features you like and call it a day.

Features include'
A Cat
A resonator
V-Band connection

I bought a Beluga Racing Turbo Back Exhaust it was about $500 for the full exhaust. Fit Perfectly, provides a nice note, and works as it should.
Now you will also need to get the downpipe catered to your area... if you are in a emissions testing are you will most likely need a cat. ETC

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Its a pipe that lets air through it. Brand doesnt matter just get one with the features you like and call it a day.

Features include'
A Cat
A resonator
V-Band connection

I bought a Beluga Racing Turbo Back Exhaust it was about $500 for the full exhaust. Fit Perfectly, provides a nice note, and works as it should.
Now you will also need to get the downpipe catered to your area... if you are in a emissions testing are you will most likely need a cat. ETC

kinda what i thought i was gonna get for an answer. my plan for my build is do do a catted DP only, mated to stock cat back for now until i find a CBE system i both like and is in my state's guidelines for inspection-passing exhaust systems. not too sure how emissions oriented my states inspection process goes but it can't be all that bad (may be ODB2 based), so as long as the tune doesn't make any sensors unreadable i'll be good.

Slowspec

Passed Driver's Ed
I've only been on my flash tune for 24 hours, but wow I didn't expect to feel such a big difference over the Cobb stage 2 OTS MAP. Really woke the car up, I'm surprised by the power it puts down with so little work. I have a catted billy boat turbo back and once it's warmed up the pops and backfires when letting off in the upper rev range are huge lol. Little bit worried about my cat, might end up using mainly the non crackle map but damn it's fun lol. Overall very happy with my purchase so far.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
I've only been on my flash tune for 24 hours, but wow I didn't expect to feel such a big difference over the Cobb stage 2 OTS MAP. Really woke the car up, I'm surprised by the power it puts down with so little work. I have a catted billy boat turbo back and once it's warmed up the pops and backfires when letting off in the upper rev range are huge lol. Little bit worried about my cat, might end up using mainly the non crackle map but damn it's fun lol. Overall very happy with my purchase so far.

Tell me more about how it feels compared to the COBB map! I'm on the fence about buying the flash tune. :23:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Got my sticker this week. No idea how it ended up being routed to the new house. I haven't even told anybody I've moved yet.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
I usually hover at around 0.96 on the LTFT during normal driving but when I come to a stop and idle it tends to drop lower to around 0.92-0.94. What kind of numbers on the LTFT might indicate a leak?

I would look at a change in numbers rather than absolutes. For absolute numbers your are fine. But if you see a big change above 5% then consider the possibility of a leak.

Hey guys, I'm planning to purchase this tune with Accessport but I need to gather up the supporting mods beforehand.

List includes the Cobb or Uni downpipe, R8 coilpacks, plugs and a upgraded diverter valve.

Is a CAI necessary? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for any input.

I recommend the DV, The DV+ does not open under boost while all OEM variations do. Remember that you can always get a tune update when you install modifications down the line or change fuels.

My LTFT are around 1.04-1.06 when driving and can rise a decent amount at idle. What does this indicate? Running a bit rich I'd assume, but does this mean anything more that I should be concerned about?

I'm COBB Stage 2 Stock MAF and I may get a flash tune with a custom calibration to get everything perfect.

Again these look in range. Look for big changes that happen all of a sudden.

Getting prepared to pull the trigger on a Cobb/Stratified Tune.

Last thing on my list is a new DV. Should I go with a GFB DV+ or OEM latest revision?

I recommend the GFB. The OEMs all leak. I put a video together about this:

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/volk...-limitations-and-what-you-need-for-your-tfsi/

stupid question time: when it comes to getting a downpipe, with respect to how it will work with this tune... does brand matter? I've tried doing some reading on this but cant find anything that says one way or the other. obviously brand matters with quality of the part but would it have that big of impact on how well the tune works?

The tune can be adjusted via a modification/fuel update. At that point we rebuild the tune to the spec of the new parts regardless of what they are. Quality parts are of course better overall, not just from a tuning perspective. Fit, finish, longevity all play a role in the lifespan of the part.

Glad you're enjoying it! The only effects we've seen from crackles is resonator packing that can be blown out a bit more. Have not seen catalyst damage.

Got my sticker this week. No idea how it ended up being routed to the new house. I haven't even told anybody I've moved yet.

Nice, glad it made it!

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Just ordered my crackles! Stoked to update my tune with an addition of an intercooler and TOP.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Alex, speaking of DV's, what are your thoughts on the TurboSmart Kompact II (full manual) over the GFB?

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/product/2-0t-vag-kompact-plumb-back-kit

I don't see an advantage here. Mechanical valves are are slower responding versus electronic ones. The consideration for a mechanical full replacement would be when you outflow the OEM units which would be the case on a large turbocharger with very high boost or when installing a turbo that requires a relocation such as a Garrett.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I don't see an advantage here. Mechanical valves are are slower responding versus electronic ones. The consideration for a mechanical full replacement would be when you outflow the OEM units which would be the case on a large turbocharger with very high boost or when installing a turbo that requires a relocation such as a Garrett.

I'm stock turbo with a Unitronic dv relocation kit and have the TurboSmart. How is it considered slower? Since it's fed to the intake manifold via a boost tap shouldn't it be more accurate that way not relying on the computer to tell it when it should open or close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ILMGTI

Ready to race!
Tell me more about how it feels compared to the COBB map! I'm on the fence about buying the flash tune. :23:

I can tell you that on my 2013 DSG the Cobb Stage 2 wasn't the best at part throttle, it would hesitate in first and second gear. Trying to boost for no reason at around 3k rpms. It was still pulling pretty hard at full throttle.

With the Stratified tune the car is now even smoother than stock, that's crazy! It seems to pull stronger than the older APR tune I had on my 2012 too.

If anyone is experiencing hesitation and/or jerkiness with a tune and DSG transmission, try the Stratified tune, it's the best!

I love the crackles too:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUd-8xnFhUY/?taken-by=ilmgti
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUA7jeVFH7B/?taken-by=ilmgti
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUFr_mlGSz/?taken-by=ilmgti

FriggenT1

Banned
I'm stock turbo with a Unitronic dv relocation kit and have the TurboSmart. How is it considered slower? Since it's fed to the intake manifold via a boost tap shouldn't it be more accurate that way not relying on the computer to tell it when it should open or close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible that it could open slower, but imo it would be milliseconds of a difference. I went through 4 vw DVs...i detest them tbh. Alex knows his stuff for sure, so I'm not saying he's wrong, but the fastest k04 1/4 used a forge bov...so it ain't that much slower :thumbup:

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
It's possible that it could open slower, but imo it would be milliseconds of a difference. I went through 4 vw DVs...i detest them tbh. Alex knows his stuff for sure, so I'm not saying he's wrong, but the fastest k04 1/4 used a forge bov...so it ain't that much slower :thumbup:

This is not about making the car faster, it's about response time. Electronically actuated valves can be more precisely actuated and react quicker due to the solenoid moving quickly and not relying on heavier springs to move and compress. This does not make the car faster.

The downside is that the solenoids and electronics can of course fail.

FriggenT1

Banned
This is not about making the car faster, it's about response time. Electronically actuated valves can be more precisely actuated and react quicker due to the solenoid moving quickly and not relying on heavier springs to move and compress. This does not make the car faster.

The downside is that the solenoids and electronics can of course fail.

YES!! Electronics suck ass! Friggen mechanical ftw :happyanim: