GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru BRZ Coupe Review by C&D (brother to the Scion FR-S)

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Okay, I found the version of this car I want. Instead of a Subaru built four cylinder boxer engine underneath the hood, this GT-86 has a 416hp 5.0 liter V8 from a Lexus IS-F. If nothing else, this shows you what the car looks like with some serious power, and why they need a turbo version.

Can you say :drool:

Last edited:

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
Okay, I found the version of this car I want. Instead of a Subaru built four cylinder boxer engine underneath the hood, this GT-86 has a 416hp 5.0 liter V8 from a Lexus IS-F. If nothing else, this shows you what the car looks like with some serious power, and why they need a turbo version.

For about 1/10 of the $ of an LFA ..
this baby LFA can be had ... with an FT86/BRZ + ISF motor.

But personally I think LESS is more
and the 2.0 boxer is good enough for me ..
since its 200HP and 150lb of torque .. it is like my
GOLF TDI's numbers in reverse ... 140HP 236tq

:w00t:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Subaru of America Announces Pricing for 2013 BRZ at $25,495
All-new Sports Car starts at $25,495

LINK: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...146266225.html

CHERRY HILL, N.J., April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for its much-heralded 2013 BRZ, starting at $25,495 for the Premium model with a six-speed manual transmission. The six-speed automatic version starts at $26,595.Premium models come standard with touch-screen GPS Navigation, Bluetooth® connectivity and HID headlamps. Above the well-appointed Premium model, Limited models add Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters, heated seats and mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control system, fog lights, Keyless Access & Start and body-color decklid spoiler. Limited models come equipped with leather seats and start at $27,495 when equipped with a six-speed manual transmission and $28,595 for automatic versions

Trim:

Premium

Manual Transmission: $25,495
Automatic Transmission: $26,595

Limited

Manual Transmission: $27,495
Automatic Transmission: $28,595

The Subaru BRZ arrives in Subaru dealerships this spring after receiving strong media praise for its handling and fun-to-drive persona. The 2.0 liter naturally aspirated BRZ delivers pinpoint handling precision and an unmatched driving experience for sports car enthusiasts of all skill levels.

Subaru developed the BRZ with three fundamentals of sports car design: low vehicle weight, an ultra-low center of gravity and precision steering. Utilizing Subaru's naturally aspirated 200 horsepower horizontally opposed (Boxer) engine design, BRZ is a sports car that does not sacrifice everyday comfort and practicality.

Prices are MSRP before $750 destination charge.

For more information on this and other Subaru models, you can follow Subaru at its Subaru of America Facebook page and on Twitter at subaru_usa

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wow so they come fully loaded at 25.5, not bad, not bad at all. What kind of slushbox do they have?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
may not be needed! ;)

I believe its an Aisin paddleshift , same from the Lexus IS250/350's.

Interesting... not a huge fan of that transmission but I guess it'll do. :thumbsup:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Wow so they come fully loaded at 25.5, not bad, not bad at all. What kind of slushbox do they have?

No, FULLY loaded with the manual is $27,495.

But at $25,495 it's quite nicely appointed, that's for sure. :thumbsup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
No, FULLY loaded with the manual is $27,495.

But at $25,495 it's quite nicely appointed, that's for sure. :thumbsup:

Well correct, but even at 25,5 it comes with leather bluetooth and nav. That's decent. To me the other options like dual zone climate control and keyless go are useless.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Just saw the BRZ in person at the auto show, snapped a pic but couldn't get better ones since there were tons of people around it just standing.

It's a pretty compact car, interior is alright, it had a head unit with a big screen (probably navigation). Small trunk space and almost no room in the back. Definitely going to be a driver's car.

Click for picture

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Just saw the BRZ in person at the auto show, snapped a pic but couldn't get better ones since there were tons of people around it just standing.

It's a pretty compact car, interior is alright, it had a head unit with a big screen (probably navigation). Small trunk space and almost no room in the back. Definitely going to be a driver's car.

Click for picture

Lol dude I was at the NYC show this morning too! I got a chance to sit in it since it was still early before the mobs. The seat was surprisingly tight but I have broad shoulders...any wider and it would have been uncomfortable. The shifter was extremely tight and heavy, but very precise feeling. I really like it still...

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! I went there during the early afternoon and the place was packed, I might go again on friday morning, should be less people and can have the chance to sit in a few cars and take some proper pictures.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Click for picture

Correct, its one and only purpose is to be "a driver's car". The seats go down in the back to hold track wheels/tires, its been advertised as such :D;)

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion

haha, thats awesome!