GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SuperPro Supaloy LCA w/Anti-Lift Kit

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I just received them yesterday, but won't have time to install it until maybe a few weeks later. Here are some pictures I took. The package and the product is top notch.

came with some goodies

I actually got an amazing deal on them on eBay, thanks to JT64 for informing me. This kit comes with aluminum control arms(passat lcas) with front poly bushings and rear anti lift bracket/bushings. This should literally be a bolt on part. It is cheaper than piecing your own aluminum passat/s3 control arms and getting the Whiteline ALK and front control arm bushings. But here are some interesting finding that I found between this Supaloy LCA kit, Whiteline ALK and SuperPro Anti-Lift bushings only.

The SuperPro Supaloy LCA kit comes with a metal bearing piece rather than the poly like the others.

This is the SuperPro Anti Lift Bushings only, it comes with poly.

This is the Whiteline ALK that comes with poly as well.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but just knowing that it has a metal bearing seems like it'll be more durable while also giving better feedback. I haven't installed it yet so I have yet to give a review on it.

It is extremely rare, but there have been a few Whiteline poly bushing failure that I've found online. Pictures shown below.

With everything ready to go with the benefits of the metal bearing/bushing,this kit seems like a no brainer for people who are looking to get new arms and bushings for everything. I'll plan to upgrade to aluminum Passat spindles once my shocks are blown, then I'll do everything at once.

Last edited:

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Updated *12/2/13*

I know this has been like 8 months already and is long overdue and probably forgotten, but I finally had time over the Thanksgiving break. Sorry for the wait!

I just want to thank JT64, HYDE16 and other contributors(sorry if I left out your name)that compiled torque specs, bolt part #s, diagrams and etc that made installing these a lot easier.

The installation was pretty straight forward. I know these information can be found in other threads, but doesn't hurt to always have these information readily available for people to see. These were the steps I did below to install it.

Part #s
2x N10141003 - Front LCA Bolt18mm
4x N10579702 - Rear LCA Bracket Bolt Inside 16mm
2x N91039802 - Rear LCA Bracket Bolt Outside 18mm

Installation
1. Removed the 3 ball joint nuts (16mm)
2. Removed the front LCA bolt (18mm)
3. Removed the rear LCA bracket (1x 18mm, 2x 16mm)
4. Lube bushings with supplied lithium grease, or your own choice of lithium grease
5. Slide in rear LCA bracket onto the control arm

Thread in the bolts loosely before torquing to specification, so you'll have a little more wiggle room trying to line things up.

6. Install/mount up the rear LCA bracket (1x 18mm, 2x 16mm)
a. 18mm - 52ft/lb + 1/4 turn
b. 16mm - 37ft/lb + 1/4 turn
7. Install/mount up front LCA bolt (18mm)
a. 18mm - 52ft/lb + 1/2 turn
8. Install/mount up the 3 ball joint nuts. (3x 16mm)
a. 16mm - 74ft/lb
9. Check/Tighten all bolts with torque specs

I guess I got too excited that I forgot to take the pictures after the installation. But here are 2 pics during the installation.

Impression/Review:
The construction of the SuperPro LCA kit is superb and is truly a good value for its money. I know you can find cheaper by getting aluminum Passat control arms and press in new bushings. I don't have a lot of free time or tools to press out the bushings, so this kit was definitely a winner in my book. They also look incredibly gorgeous to look at, it is a shiny metal thing. The SuperPro LCA does feel tad a bit lighter, probably like 1lb as other people have confirmed.

Anyways, after lowering the car back down I went to clean up to get ready for the test drive. The first impression I got just from backing up out of my parking space was that the steering felt slightly heavier(not sure if it was placebo). With that little impression that already put a smile on my face because of the satisfaction of actually feeling a modification changing the feel. Cruising a little bit to the backroad, I found no particularly increased in NVH compared to stock. I actually found it to somewhat ride smoother through different patches of imperfections in the road despite having stiffer bushings. Now that I'm on the backroad, I got to test how these SuperPro LCA fair up in the twisties.

I'll keep it short, it is seriously awesome! The steering definitely did get heavier as you corner, straight up gripped the road and the cornering felt so flat. The extra caster not only improves feel but feels like it improved straight line stability too. All in all this was a well worth it mod. Besides ECU tune, I have to say this was my 2nd favorite mod.

For the people who are still thinking about this mod to improve feel and just cornering ability, just get it, you won't be disappointed! Installation is pretty much plug&play, can't get much better than that!

Last edited:

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
in for review.

Is poly ok? Seeing that picture of the WALK with the bushing cracked concerns me vs saying going with a harder rubber bushing like the TT-RS bushing or S3

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
in for review.

Is poly ok? Seeing that picture of the WALK with the bushing cracked concerns me vs saying going with a harder rubber bushing like the TT-RS bushing or S3

poly should generally be ok, the cracked one shown above is an extremely rare exception. i read TT or S3 bushings are a good alternative as well, but they won't add any caster.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
This maybe a stupid question but is it the poly bushing that gives the ALK the added caster or is it the design of the gold peice?

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
This maybe a stupid question but is it the poly bushing that gives the ALK the added caster or is it the design of the gold peice?

i believe its both the bracket and the bushing(offset) that gives it the added caster..here are some pics ive found compared to OEM

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Could you do a weight comparison when you do the install? I would like to see the weight savings (if any). Love to see a photo of stock vs superpro side by side.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
There's very little weight saving compared to the Mk.VI arms. The SuperPro arms
are much stronger though. There's a more substantial weight saving compared to
the cast steel arms of the Mk.V GTI.
If you want more weight saving get Passat/S3 uprights/hubs/swivels.

ALK:
The geo change is due to the offset bushing at SuperPro and due to the revised
bracket at Whiteline. Whiteline doesn't make any offset bushings for the GTI.

I think some of those failures are a result of hard hard hard track duty.....Leaps and bounds away from what the normal street/mountain pass driver is going to deal with.

agree

track (ab)use + lack of frequent regreasing

A_Bowers

There's very little weight saving compared to the Mk.VI arms. The SuperPro arms
are much stronger though. There's a more substantial weight saving compared to
the cast steel arms of the Mk.V GTI.
If you want more weight saving get Passat/S3 uprights/hubs/swivels.

ALK:
The geo change is due to the offset bushing at SuperPro and due to the revised
bracket at Whiteline. Whiteline doesn't make any offset bushings for the GTI.

agree

track (ab)use + lack of frequent regreasing

Best way to regrease these back bushings??......rather a tedious process of getting under the car.