GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is what happens when you drive over a drive shaft from an 18 wheeler [Pic Heavy]

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I have also been toying with the idea of these two cars (R & 335i) for my next car. But have you thought of the e92 328i? My friend had one which was only base + m package and that car was the funnest car I have ever driven. It wasn't fast (GTI felt faster) but definately a blast to drive.

I want the umph of a 335... Power was good on the 335 stock. If I didn't care about that, I would get one... in the blue I want.

nomadic

Ready to race!
I want the umph of a 335... Power was good on the 335 stock. If I didn't care about that, I would get one... in the blue I want.

maybe G37X ? Probably doesn't handle like the others. My Dad has one and I've driven it a few times. It's definitely not too shabby....great "umph". Should definintely be cheaper than the Beemer or Golf R used.

Appogee

Ready to race!
Sucks about the damages man, sorry to hear! You should try and wait for the MK7 GTI to come out. Looks to be pretty good, can't find the video now but up against a Stage 1 GTI mk6 it held its own pretty well. Should be relatively responsive to mods too!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Sucks about the damages man, sorry to hear! You should try and wait for the MK7 GTI to come out. Looks to be pretty good, can't find the video now but up against a Stage 1 GTI mk6 it held its own pretty well. Should be relatively responsive to mods too!

I thought about it. But for the same money as a MK7 GTI, I can get a Golf R. I was spoiled in my autobahn.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Being that you have a budget I assume you are looking at N54 335's? If so I would think long and hard. As nice as the twin turbo N54 is they have the most hpfp issues. The late model N55 are much more reliable.

How did the stock Golf R compare to your ko4 gti?

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
Holy balls.
Glad to hear you're alright though. That's all that matters

fkshtup

Ready to race!
Wow dude that blows. I drive a rig and had the drive shaft fall off on me and boy those things are heavy. Glad your okay cuz it could of been really ugly.

DrGonzo

Ready to race!
Crazy. Glad you weren't hurt and glad the insurance company did the right thing and totaled your car.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Being that you have a budget I assume you are looking at N54 335's? If so I would think long and hard. As nice as the twin turbo N54 is they have the most hpfp issues. The late model N55 are much more reliable.

How did the stock Golf R compare to your ko4 gti?
Omg crazy balls slow. Slow as molasses slow. It felt like a DOG. Stock GTI feels much quicker everywhere.

I'm trying to find 2011 N55 335i's but they are hard to find and usually trend $30-35k. I heard about the HPFP issues which is why I want to avoid that like the plague. Also want AWD and 4 doors.

Wow dude that blows. I drive a rig and had the drive shaft fall off on me and boy those things are heavy. Glad your okay cuz it could of been really ugly.
It must have been. It did some serious work on my car. Isn't this preventable though through maintenance?

Crazy. Glad you weren't hurt and glad the insurance company did the right thing and totaled your car.
I'm fighting them now. It's a huge PITA. They are comparing my 4dr Autobahn to 2dr base models... so obviously the number they threw at me is 2dr base pricing. I'm not happy about it.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
I'm fighting them now. It's a huge PITA. They are comparing my 4dr Autobahn to 2dr base models... so obviously the number they threw at me is 2dr base pricing. I'm not happy about it.

really?? umm should have given me your seats.... AFS, etc.
:cry:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I wanna cry

I've been crying for three weeks straight! Actually, I've handled it pretty well. I understand it's just a car... I only get upset when I look at my build thread and reminisce on how much blood, sweat, time, and love I put into it.

Especially when I see these two photos of my most recent shoot:

Ugh, I miss it. I likely won't be in a CW VW next either which is also a bummer.

Bose

Ready to race!
Remembered this post on Friday when a concrete pumper truck lost part of his driveshaft on I-66. A minivan in front of me hit it and sent it spinning across my lane. Had to dive into the emergency lane to miss it.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Remembered this post on Friday when a concrete pumper truck lost part of his driveshaft on I-66. A minivan in front of me hit it and sent it spinning across my lane. Had to dive into the emergency lane to miss it.

Ugh... that's crazy. Good thing you were able to miss it. I can't believe these trucking companies don't maintain their vehicles better.