GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Excellent! I have been toying with the idea of getting a winter rat. Just bought a winter wheel/tire package for the GTI though...at least there's that

yeah i need to have the thing aligned and maybe some tierods replaces but all things considered its a good rig for what i need.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My rear window shades arrived. Installed them. Looks pretty good, fit is not perfect, but good enough. now my dog won't be in direct sunlight. Might just leave them in. VW Part number is 5K3064363, which i had to go on UK eBay to procure.

Working on getting a hatch window shade as well.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
If you're buying Cobb then buy it from Stratified and get their tune for free. I wouldn't even mess with OTS.

Ive been looking at some of those companies like MAPerformance that also will do a free custom tune if you buy a AP from them, but I was wondering if i could get the custom tune at a later date. I am getting a downpipe, possibly a TBE, later on and don't want to get a custom tune for just the intake that I have then be stuck running their OTS Stage 2 map until I get a protein/e-tune for the new parts.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
got the sport tech rear rotor & pads put on. Friggen M14 bolt was a bitch. took it to a shop to put some heat on it as i don't trust myself with a torch. hated having to pay for that. :thumbdown:

while i was there had the rear right bearing put in since all the hardware was already off. car is nice a quiet now. :thumbup:

Only problem left is the GTS G707 wheels and rubber. put them on, steering wheel shakes from 110kmh and up while accelerating and decelerating. took it back to the same place i got it from and they claimed the re-balanced all 4. Yes they said they have a Hunter road force balancing machine...never saw it. :iono:
Put them back on the car and that high speed shake is still there. Thought that there was something wrong with front end. took the wheels off....put back on the winter wheels and went for a drive. i was getting fuel trim the way i accelerated but NO shake. :happyanim:

so while I was at the shop I had them take a look at the wheels....they said all four were out of balance. so they removed the wheel weights and put on new ones...less weight the guy said then they put the GTS wheels back on and i took it on the highway. well.... no shake, until i hit 135kmh... so now what to do. :mad0259:

the one thing i did was take pictures of what the machine read of the balance done by the first shop. then i took pics after the re-balancing. :paddle:

my first thought is that maybe the wheels are not true. Maybe break the bead and shift the tire and re-balance to see if that helps. Not really sure what to do. Love the wheels but the headache of trying to get these things balanced :(

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Would you happen to still have the link to the vagcom by any chance pal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The link where I bought it from?

VAG COM is one thing I haven't dabbled with yet and I definitely feel like it's something I need maintaining this machine.

Do it. I hesitated buying it for a long time. Just didn't want to drop the $200 on something I would hardly use. However, I think it's already paid for itself after one use. The coding, clearing of codes, and scanning different modules is so simple. Not only that, if you're mechanically inclined, you can diag and possibly fix issues without ever having to go a repair facility or dealership.

DELETE

Autocross Champion

Do it. I hesitated buying it for a long time. Just didn't want to drop the $200 on something I would hardly use. However, I think it's already paid for itself after one use. The coding, clearing of codes, and scanning different modules is so simple. Not only that, if you're mechanically inclined, you can diag and possibly fix issues without ever having to go a repair facility or dealership.

Yea I may pull the trigger sooner than later.

Any links to the one I need? There's a few out there right?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion

Yes sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skotcoop

Ready to race!
today i bought a second car to prolong the lifespan of my mk6.

bought a Jeep grand cherokee (WJ), now i dont have to cringe when i try to go hiking - no more bottoming out on the roads to trailheads! ALso means less salt exposure during winter.

I need to do this lol

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone ever dealt with FCPEuro.com?

They have this 'lifetime replacement' guarantee of every part they sell, including items like brakes and even oil.

I emailed them about the oil and they said I would just have to return my used oil to get a full refund on the new oil I would have just purchased.

This seems blasphemous but apparently its legit. It's sounding like I will never have to pay for oil again.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone ever dealt with FCPEuro.com?

They have this 'lifetime replacement' guarantee of every part they sell, including items like brakes and even oil.

I emailed them about the oil and they said I would just have to return my used oil to get a full refund on the new oil I would have just purchased.

This seems blasphemous but apparently its legit. It's sounding like I will never have to pay for oil again.

Q: How can FCP Euro afford to offer this?
A: We only offer high quality parts and reputable brands. This makes warrantying everything for life a little easier, but we also consider free replacements the cost of business for keeping our customers happy and coming back for life.

That answer seems pretty irrelevant for oil (or any wear and tear item). But if it's real, I'm all over it.