GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Home Depot and Lowe’s sell pipe block plugs. Nut in the center with a hard rubber plug. Just twist until tight and call it a day. Did this with my old MKV with zero issues.

My friend had this on his MK5 and it was good for a while but then started popping out about once a month which was a bit annoying. Used a cap eventually and had no problems after that.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
My friend had this on his MK5 and it was good for a while but then started popping out about once a month which was a bit annoying. Used a cap eventually and had no problems after that.

I ended up using a little silicon around the pipe block then put a cap over it for added security and to clean up the look a little. The last thing you need is that stopper putting a nice big dent in your hood.

zrickety

The Fixer
I had a plug that popped off...better to get the Neuspeed charge pipe or the like, it's an upgrade and deletes that nonsense.

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a kind soul add some aero improvements to my car today. Ever so not grateful for his dumb help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Oof...Sorry man, looks like the diffuser held up pretty good. I love the way mine came out so I gotta thank you again.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced my RNS315 with RCD330G Plus with Android Auto/Car Play
Should have upgraded long time ago.

Some minor complaints:
- have to have usb plugged in for android auto.
- no album art via Bluetooth. But my RNS 315 didn't have it either.
-bluetooth mic picks up more background noise because of the mic location. But callers say that my voice is loud and clear.
- No Satellite Radio
- No oem navigation ( but was outdated either way)
- No CD ( but didn't use the stock CD player once , since I owned the car)

Pros:
- Android Auto/Car Play
-6.5" screen responsive screen and quick
- Better FM reception
- sound is just as good as rns315 if not better.
- price $226 can't beat that for a oem unit with Android auto.
- all steering wheel buttons work, Google assistant is way better than the original voice recognition software.

Trim not clipped in all the way in one of the pictures

Last edited:

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Had a kind soul add some aero improvements to my car today. Ever so not grateful for his dumb help.

Was that meant to say “Kia Soul” and typo to “kind soul?” I can’t stand those little hamster-mobiles.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Replaced my RNS315 with RCD330G Plus w Android Auto.
Should have upgraded long time ago.
Only complaint is, i have to have usb plugged in for android auto. And no album art via Bluetooth. But my RNS 315 didn't have it either.

Trim not clipped in all the way in one if the pictures

No pics...

smanierre

Autocross Champion
It never occurred to me to remove that blanket until now. I read a few other forums and decided to give it a try on my lunch break today. My data logger had me at between 135F - 145F degrees at about 93F degrees ambient temperature, around town driving, which is about 5F deg lower than normal. Plus my intake, DV, and turbo spool (the intake and DV were pretty loud before) sound pretty evil now.

Not bad.

You're talking about the blanket on the firewall in the back? Mine is starting to fall off and I want to just rip it out cuz it looks like shit. This is safe then im assuming?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
You're talking about the blanket on the firewall in the back? Mine is starting to fall off and I want to just rip it out cuz it looks like shit. This is safe then im assuming?

I was talking about the blanket under the hood. I don’t think I would remove the firewall blanket. I might try it if I still lived in Michigan, but I doubt it would make things very comfortable here in Texas for most of the year.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I was talking about the blanket under the hood. I don’t think I would remove the firewall blanket. I might try it if I still lived in Michigan, but I doubt it would make things very comfortable here in Texas for most of the year.

i just pulled mine off recently.

no noticeable noise increase or anything.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
i just pulled mine off recently.

no noticeable noise increase or anything.

The hood or the firewall. I never really heard anything intake/turbo wise until the stage II tune. It’s pretty amplified now though. I was more impressed by the decrease in engine bay temp though.