GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
$250!?! What kind of magical sex ball joints are you running??
Those Audi TT style Superpro ball joints. Retail is $244, I got them on sale for about $180.

Still expensive, but I’m hoping that little bit of extra camber I get will be enough to keep the front tire wear fairly even.

torga

Autocross Champion
Those Audi TT style Superpro ball joints. Retail is $244, I got them on sale for about $180.

Still expensive, but I’m hoping that little bit of extra camber I get will be enough to keep the front tire wear fairly even.
Damn, where! Lowest I've seen on sale is just shy of $220.

torga

Autocross Champion
USP Motorsports... went to check the receipt, $183 last December.
I'll be patient, then. I got my mistake-price Fluidampr from them. $220, including the ARP bolt that I didn't end up using. And they honored it!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'll be patient, then. I got my mistake-price Fluidampr from them. $220, including the ARP bolt that I didn't end up using. And they honored it!
mistake price?

torga

Autocross Champion
mistake price?
I assume it was a mistake price, as it went up to ~$380 right after I placed the order and I've never seen it that low again. It's currently $460 on USP with the ARP bolt. Though, I did not use the ARP bolt because it specs 250 lb-ft. HA, alright, lemme just go ask The Mountain to torque it down for me. I just used an OEM TTY bolt.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I assume it was a mistake price, as it went up to ~$380 right after I placed the order and I've never seen it that low again. It's currently $460 on USP with the ARP bolt. Though, I did not use the ARP bolt because it specs 250 lb-ft. HA, alright, lemme just go ask The Mountain to torque it down for me. I just used an OEM TTY bolt.
250 lb-ft??? 😲

Reminds me of the single 54 mm nut that secures the flywheel to a rotary engine which is torqued to 300 lb-ft.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
HA, alright, lemme just go ask The Mountain to torque it down for me.
Haha I laughed so hard because of this. Great stuff!

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I actually got my roll control ball joints free. Superpro had a sale if you bought the control arms, you got the ball joints free :D

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
How are the superpro ball joints holding up? I worked on 2 cars that had them and they seized and had to cut them off the control arms. Midwest cars that saw salty winters. I use febi and usually replace them every track season. $18 a piece
They're fine on my car, but Seattle is very easy on cars. No snow and no salt. I also rarely drive it in the rain.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Gonna be going under my car today to look around since there is a really loud clunking coming from my front driver area. I was under there two weekends ago and couldn't see anything wrong, hopefully it's more obvious this time. I'm honestly starting to wonder if my coilovers have gone bad, which would be a bit of a shame. If that is the case though, my GF may be parting out her car in the near future so I would probably just be able to snag her BC coils and either run those if I can get them setup right or just save up a bit and go all out on some ohlins or something. Also ordered some new rear 034 endlinks, but the non-spherical bushing ones to replace mine which are clunking super loud. Maybe sometime in the next year it won't sound like my car is falling apart every time I run over a pebble.

SJC

Ready to race!
Had ST Suspension rear sway bar installed and raised the coil overs 5 mm.
Noticeable difference in corner carving ability.