GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
What was the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple issues that kind of spiraled from not knowing of things. Issue one was that I had a spacer put on my Eurojet DP thinking I could get by with that and setting the APR Stg2+ tune back to factory load levels. What I didn't know was that even with Factory Load levels, my file still disabled the sensors so the post cat was not being read with the spacer on it.

Without knowing that I had the wrong/old file, I then had the stock downpipe swapped on. It required a bung put on because the CFBA DP has 2 holes as the 3rd sensor went in the K03. K04 has all 3 sensors in the aftermarket DP, thus the OEM cat required another hole. I had this performed at a local shop still not knowing that the tune was the wrong file. Still didn't read post cat.

I call up APR and they told me that I require the newer file that enables the sensors while in stock load levels but disables them in 93, 100. So I go and had that changed to the correct file, now I got a CEL P0133. Googling that it sounded like bad sensor so I had that replaced. It's also the more expensive of the 3. Still CEL after replacing it for the same code. At this point I was going out of my mind.

I reached out to a buddy and he recommend I take it to his shop. They were able to swap on an OEM pipe that is ready to go for inspection. Doing that, it went through with zero issues. Uggggh.

torga

Autocross Champion
Today I joined this forum as an owner rather than a lurker. Here's my 2011 as of last night! Looking forward to learning from you all.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Today I joined this forum as an owner rather than a lurker. Here's my 2011 as of last night! Looking forward to learning from you all.

Step 1: Resize picture
Step 2: Check to see if tensioner has been changed
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Declare bankruptcy because all money went to mods

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
My bad! What's the preferred image size around these parts?

It has the updated tensioner and the intake manifold was replaced last week under warranty. All else checks out after a PPI, so I should (hopefully) be set for a while. I'm excited!

Edit: resized!

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
My bad! What's the preferred image size around these parts?

It has the updated tensioner and the intake manifold was replaced last week under warranty. All else checks out after a PPI, so I should (hopefully) be set for a while. I'm excited!

Edit: resized!

No preferred size really and i'm just being a dick. But as long as it doesn't require sideways scrolling i'll be happy

zrickety

The Fixer
Today I joined this forum as an owner rather than a lurker. Here's my 2011 as of last night!
Damn, that's a good looking 2 door. Congrats and welcome!

torga

Autocross Champion
Thanks, all! I'm coming from a '95 Celica, so this is way more tech than I'm used to.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, all! I'm coming from a '95 Celica, so this is way more tech than I'm used to.

I had a 1990 Baby Blue Celica! Flip up heads FTW! lol

Was my first car that I paid for with my hard earned Sears paychecks, lol. Guy sold it to me with 208,000 miles on it for $1,100 and I didn't think that was an issue since it looked awesome, lol.

I got it to 220,000 miles before selling it to a friend for $300 bucks. He drove it to 235,000 miles before giving it away to another friend for free. That friend fixed it up and drove it to 260,000. He then fixed it up some more and gave it away to his niece that just got her driver's license. Status, unknown, lol. :thumbup:

smanierre

Autocross Champion