GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Jeezz ....were you or your wife driving? Hopefully no major injuries? Sucks.. I like the look of the Traverse actually.. Maybe the new TrailBlazer will be here in time! :cool:(y)

Yeah... another car. Camry. Not his fault, but for the life of me as I play it back I have no idea why he decided to stop 250 yards from the line at the lights. He slid out of the left turn lane, got into the left passing lane, and just stopped there(well to be honest he slid there)
Yes, I'm ok. Feeling it in my neck, lower back and clutch leg. Guess which one I'm going to save 1st?
No ticket, however I haven't yet been to the collision reporting center. . Called 911 to report the ice on the road. With all the traffic incidences occurring to weather they didn't dispatch if there were no injuries.
Biggest pain in the neck is due to the number of accidents and requests for insurance rentals I'm still w/o a rental car.

Now.. I'm going to rant. If you're an honest tow truck driver and work for a reputable company then DTIP... Instant Towing in Markham is trying to hold my car ransom to the insurance company. Accident Tuesday, they hooked me, I signed off papers for my insurance company to get the car.. Instant Towing is playing games trying to rack up storage fees. To date the repair place STILL hasn't gotten my car from them. I seriously want to go over there and bang some heads but in reality....not my issue. Just hate to see some dicks making an industry look bad. BUT... i guess that's the same in any profession. *** END OF RANT.

In reality I just want my car fixed and returned to me but i've got this sinking feeling..

The wife was on her way to work, almost there, and a girl ran a red light and clipped the tip of the front end...hitting her perpendicular to the car. If she would've waited another second after the green light...would've missed her or maybe ended up hitting the girl actually. OR if she would've went sooner, the girl could've T-boned her....so it sucks, but could've been way worse I suppose.
She's okay. Airbag didn't deploy.

Like I said...we just got rid of our '18 Traverse for this '20 version (it's the kid hauler) and it's only 3 weeks old. We haven't even made the first payment on it! :(

Pics:
179D5CFA-0297-49AF-BA05-C6FCFFF04C24 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

5E6782EE-9C2C-4CB9-A748-D1F8E997453D by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

9AE2F7E9-41DC-4E82-BD97-699E2D319AA4 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

It's still drivable, although not very pretty. Progressive is being slow/dragging their feet on this too....so who knows until it actually gets fixed.

Glad you're okay too, btw.
They won't total yours out, will they? (due to the value/mileage)
Seems just like light cosmetic stuff on your end....just like mine.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Replaced my ECU today, tried setting readiness through vagcom but decided to just let it happen naturally after sitting at 2500 rpms for 15 minutes without it finishing. Went for a few quick drives and so far no CEL, however readiness is also not set. I noticed that one of the 2 security screws on the ECU was already cut so maybe the previous owner tried to get in there or something.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thanks!

But I'm not sure if it's $38 worth important now, lol. I thought it'd be like a $10 simple tool, ha ha

I'm sure there is it easier or DIY version of this out there,

torga

Autocross Champion
Replaced my ECU today, tried setting readiness through vagcom but decided to just let it happen naturally after sitting at 2500 rpms for 15 minutes without it finishing. Went for a few quick drives and so far no CEL, however readiness is also not set. I noticed that one of the 2 security screws on the ECU was already cut so maybe the previous owner tried to get in there or something.
Is the saga finally over? :')

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
The wife was on her way to work, almost there, and a girl ran a red light and clipped the tip of the front end...hitting her perpendicular to the car. If she would've waited another second after the green light...would've missed her or maybe ended up hitting the girl actually. OR if she would've went sooner, the girl could've T-boned her....so it sucks, but could've been way worse I suppose.

Like I said...we just got rid of our '18 Traverse for this '20 version (it's the kid hauler) and it's only 3 weeks old. We haven't even made the first payment on it! :(

Pics:

It's still drivable, although not very pretty. Progressive is being slow/dragging their feet on this too....so who knows until it actually gets fixed.

is it REALLY drivable though? damage looks pretty gnarly, who is to say the airbags won't deploy in this damaged state, at a future point in time? I'll bet if you tell the insurance that you don't feel safe driving it they will get you on your way rental/repair wise.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Is the saga finally over? :')
Getting closer but not yet :( good news is the sensor is being recognized now, bad news is I'm still getting a P0420 despite having a cat and spacer, with the smallest restrictor in the spacer.

torga

Autocross Champion
Getting closer but not yet :( good news is the sensor is being recognized now, bad news is I'm still getting a P0420 despite having a cat and spacer, with the smallest restrictor in the spacer.
Ouch... well at least the ECU accomplished what you hoped it would. How do you have the O2 and J-spacer angled? I have mine angled towards the front of the car (as in, wire coming out towards the front). If we look at the setup from the passenger side, my O2 sensor is around the 2 o'clock position. I'm also running the medium restrictor. It's been 1,300 miles and the CEL has stayed off.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie

Pics:

WOw.. glad all is ok. Sucks when that happens to a car you JUST got. Missed that part.

Yeah mine is cosmetic plus rad.. it didn't look like it touched the engine from what i can see but who knows'. Praying they fix it cause.. "paid for".

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ouch... well at least the ECU accomplished what you hoped it would. How do you have the O2 and J-spacer angled? I have mine angled towards the front of the car (as in, wire coming out towards the front). If we look at the setup from the passenger side, my O2 sensor is around the 2 o'clock position. I'm also running the medium restrictor. It's been 1,300 miles and the CEL has stayed off.
I have it pointed towards the front (3 o'clock from the passenger side). I have my strat tune on there now which should have it coded out. Someone on FB said if I have it tuned out, I can still set readiness. I'm doubtful but i'm gonna try it anyways

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Started installing my plaid coverseats?. Will have to finish it over the weekend but . I think it's looking quiet good.

Attachments

• IMG_20191118_155611.jpg
    IMG_20191118_155611.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20191118_155805.jpg
    IMG_20191118_155805.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 137

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
is it REALLY drivable though? damage looks pretty gnarly, who is to say the airbags won't deploy in this damaged state, at a future point in time? I'll bet if you tell the insurance that you don't feel safe driving it they will get you on your way rental/repair wise.
I totally agree, but it's a little late now. :confused: Lesson learned
It really is just cosmetic stuff though. The "crash absorber bar" is tweaked, obviously, but it did it's job and just bolts on...ready for a new replacement.

Well...I did the online/photo estimate on Friday morning and we had the estimate written later that day, via email, & they're sending us a check for the damages to get started working on it. $5300 so far
Just the one headlight alone was $1000.

BUT, because of the weekend, I wasn't able to forward that to the shop until today (they were closed) and they're gonna order the parts and then we can take it in to get fixed when they get them.
So the photo estimate was probably the faster way, it turns out. And I'm gonna guarantee that they'll find more damage once they tear into it (just found out the washer fluid bottle is wrecked/cracked, for example)....and if they do, then they just tell Progressive and Progressive will send a check directly to them.
Seems straight forward now
WOw.. glad all is ok. Sucks when that happens to a car you JUST got. Missed that part.

Yeah mine is cosmetic plus rad.. it didn't look like it touched the engine from what i can see but who knows'. Praying they fix it cause.. "paid for".

Yeah it WAS brand new, and the shame is that it'll never be the same again. Oh well.

Can't be the "paid for" part, for sure.
Keep us posted with updates (like how long it takes to get back).

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
I'm dropping my car off tomorrow for the timing chain/tensioner replacement but I figured I'd drive it one last time pre-replacement until the engine warmed up and check block 93. It read -4.68 just now.

Anyway, should be interesting to see how much that changes post-replacement.