GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your first car?

ABD Racing

Ready to race!
81 RABBIT PICK-UP. DEISEL REGISTERED WITH A 1.8L GTI MOTOR. FUN LITTLE GROCERY GETTER

Geofux

Ready to race!
I thought I'd bump this up..

The car cost $4k.

I spent an additional $8k on repairs.. and then traded it for my Jag.

The mustang was full of drivetrain problems.. the heads ended up needing to be replaced, then the tranny was slipping quite a bit, and the diff needed to be replaced too. I got rid of it before the diff and tranny were replaced.. And even after all that, I'd still buy a mustang... just not a 3.8L V6 Auto :p

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i had a 2002 Jeep Wrangler for my first car. it was bright yellow and me and my dad split the $12,000 we bought it for. i started working for it when i was 15 and spent my entire 15, 16, and 17 year old summer in a hot sweaty warehouse doing back breaking labor to save up that $6k haha. then, a year later i sold it for $10,000 and bought a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T for $6,000 that had 60k mileage and was in gorgeous condition. spent the extra money tuning it a bit and then i landed myself a sweet job where i was making $500/w in cash and i was living with my parents still so i invested all my weekly paychecks into my Eclipse. it was hooked up! (but not riced out)

then i decided i wanted to move to New York City and decided to sell my Eclipse to get a head start on my rent/moving expenses. the clutch blew out just as i was ready to sell it so i had to practically give it away at $4,000 because time was running out and my lease on my apartment was coming up.

2 years later, my Big City dreams turned into Big City nightmares and i decided it was for the best to move back to New Jersey and go back to school. worked my ass off from February to September at 2 jobs, 60+ hours a week, to save up money for a new car. i was originally going to buy a used MKIV but my dad ind of steered me into the "brand new car" option. now my hard work payed off, i'm sitting behind the wheel of a beautiful 2011 GTI, back in school, and getting my life back on track :)

sorry for the life story but it's 4am and i have a bad case of insomnia tonight.

juhaniengelberg

Passed Driver's Ed
1987 Ford Sierra

My first car in 1995 was a "willow green" 1987 Ford Sierra 2.0i Laser 5-speed. 3-doors, sunroof and powerlocks. Manual windows and no power steering. Loved it.

jwoods986

Passed Driver's Ed
My first car (meaning I bought it) was an '88 Mustang GT that I bought in Jan '92. And totalled 3 weeks later :(

circulator

Passed Driver's Ed
1988 Chevy Cavalier
1998 Sunfire GT
2005 Mazda 3 GT
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
2010 Golf GTI

I loved my '88 Cavalier, but only because it cost me $200 and gave me my freedom in highschool. I drove it to the wreckers the day I got rid of it... only running on 2 cylenders. Good Times!

Geofux

Ready to race!
1952 Hudson Hornet, maroon top, french gray bottom, 306 cubic inch, flat head, 145 BHP

You had the best first car out of anyone in this thread (so far). :thumbsup:

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
1982 Nissan Stanza

Zero46

Ready to race!
1. 98 Chevy Blazer
2. 00 Civic Si
3. 02 RSX-S
4. 05 SRT-4
5. 10 GTI

The SRT was by far, the best car I've ever owned.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
'05 mkv golf 1.6
'07 mkv golf R32
'11 mk6 golf GTI