GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
Buffed and waxed.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Installed a Euro cup holder and deleted the MDI. Installed a single DIN pocket for a little more space that I can actually get my hand into.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed a Euro cup holder and deleted the MDI. Installed a single DIN pocket for a little more space that I can actually get my hand into.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Did you have to do anything more than removing the MDI using those little release clips on the side edge?

Which single DIN pocket did you use?

HotLikeSauce

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice morning wash before the heatwave rolls in. Used Iron X for all the break dust and particle build up in the paint and it made a huge difference. I didn't have enough time to do a proper wax but I definitely will when the weather cools off. Now I'm just waiting for the weekend to go on my first road trip since tune!

torga

Autocross Champion

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for your help! Does the pocket just sit in there? Or did you secure it somehow?

The DIN pocket has small little tabs on the side so it is secured. Easy to pull out in case you drop a coin down in there or something but is a perfect snug fit and doesn't rattle. I just left the plug disconnected below the pocket.

I should have done this day one. I have never used the MDI. Might dress us the center console area more by putting in a hardwired USB plug and red thread around the armrest to match the shifter and steering wheel.

torga

Autocross Champion
Thanks so much!

93serprise

Ready to race!
Purchased the Tyrolsport Deadset kit for the front and back. Tired of noises from my subframe :(

zrickety

The Fixer
I let a doctor friend borrow the car while his Corvette has been in the shop. He called my GTI 'a beast' lol. It's been a few weeks now, so I'm really missing it.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I ordered Ground Control camber plates, SuperPro front control arm bushings (Front and rear positions with ALK), and a set of TTRS brake ducts.

Gotta work some shop time into my schedule in the next couple weeks.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I ordered Ground Control camber plates, SuperPro front control arm bushings (Front and rear positions with ALK), and a set of TTRS brake ducts.

Gotta work some shop time into my schedule in the next couple weeks.

Link to brake ducts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Finally took my car to a local shop to get the fenders rolled. Looks so much better now and now more rubbing on big bumps.

Pic of fender before (sorry, no after pic atm):